Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Checking in from Montana...

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 243 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm new here and joined a couple of groups. I hail (originally) from California (a good place to be from - was there more than 40 years total), and now reside in the Last Best Place, Montana. Been here 5 years, going on 6 and love it. Yes, it gets cold - but you dress for it, and prepare for it. I was married for 15 years, one son (now 32), and now with my current partner going on 17 years. It's been a rough one for the last 11 years, but I do love him, and I know he's sick (both physically and psychologically). The saying, "When the going gets tough...?" My answer is "I stand my ground." It ain't easy.

Living in a rural area, it's hard to make friends, and since this is a college town, even harder to find my peer group.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I am glad you decided to join. I'm Angela. I look forward to getting to know you. Give me a shout if you need anything. Hugz!

Manth
by Manth on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:17 PM

G'day and welcome to 40ish!  I'm Aramanth from Australia - call me Manth, most people do.  I'm lucky enough to have been married to my best friend for the past 21 years and we have two wonderful daughters.  Athena is 19 and a 3rd year Engineering student while Ishtar is 18 and a 1st year Science student.  Not, this doesn't mean we're empty-nesters - like most kids in Australia they are living at home and commute to campus each day. 

Feel free to jump right into any conversation that takes your fancy.  We don't bite!  Well, not unless you ask us to...

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello new friend!! I'm Vickey, resident loud mouth. Nice to meet you! So glad you jumped right in. Btw... Beware of that Angela.... She's a real dilly!!! Roflol
girlfriendcj70
by Bronze sister on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Welcome

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Welcome to 40ish. We look forward to having you around the best group on CM. I'm Cheryl

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Aug. 11, 2014 at 6:34 AM

hello and welcome to 40ish!!!  nice to meet you.im suzi..jump right on in and enjoy..

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Welcome and I am so glad you found us!!

Come on in and join the conversation.. Looking forward to getting to know you.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Hello & welcome!
wenuck
by Moonshine on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Welcome! I'm Wendy, hop in have fun!
Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Hi I'm Lori, Welcome to the group:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN