Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

WHY???

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM
  • 38 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

Do people look for nannies on a website designed for hiring nannies when they always seem to end up hiring a family member or a family friend?  It is very frustrating!

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Group Admin on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I had found my last 4 jobs of either citysitter or care.com. Sorry you're having trouble .

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they are in hopes for someone that connects with there family but dont end up making that connection plus its alot harder to trsut people these days so maybe they didnt feel anyone fit the criteria they r looking for
brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this

it may be just me, but i wouldnt hire anyone online to watch my kids..i dont trust it..not judging anyone who does,this is my own opinion...maybe these people your talking about  feel safer with family members or close friends..makes sense to me...

MrsJHoward
by Pageant Mom on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
:(
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Something will come along. 
Do you list your nursing degree on your resume? That should give you a real good advantage. 

BL2010
by BL on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Who knows why people do anything that they do.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM

We do meet them and their families during the interviews.

Quoting brooklynchic151:

it may be just me, but i wouldnt hire anyone online to watch my kids..i dont trust it..not judging anyone who does,this is my own opinion...maybe these people your talking about  feel safer with family members or close friends..makes sense to me...

dancer
by Sister -lp on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

It does not help the nannies that lifetime is showing movies about nannies killing families either!

Quoting ChellBell2013: Maybe they are in hopes for someone that connects with there family but dont end up making that connection plus its alot harder to trsut people these days so maybe they didnt feel anyone fit the criteria they r looking for

dancer
by Sister -lp on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:51 AM

All the families do go through care.com to hire the nannies.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I had found my last 4 jobs of either citysitter or care.com. Sorry you're having trouble .

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I can see how that would be very frustrating but I'm guessing a family friend or family member is probaby a lot cheaper?? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN