Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I want to talk about Peppers

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 42 Replies
  • 337 Total Views
1 mom liked this

It seems as if we have many sad issues going on as always. So, Let's Talk Peppers( Not Turkey) LOL!

I need something to lighten me up.

So, we are growing peppers in the garden and we have a ton.

What should I do with them all?

Thanks

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sometimesred
by Bump Queen! on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

What kind of peppers.  We grew habeneros one year and had a bumper crop.  We went out and bought some cheap half gallons of vodka and cut two habs in half and put them in the bottle, and closed the cap.  Talk about hot vodka that made a mean hot bloody mary! (don't dink it straight it will blister lips)

Jalepenos can be roasted then frozen and are good to put in recipies for almost a year.

We just put habs in zip lock bags, pushed most of the air out, sealed them and threw in the freezer, stayed good for a year easy.

You can make salsa and jar it.

You can can and pickle peppers.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Plain green bell peppers.

Quoting sometimesred:

What kind of peppers.  We grew habeneros one year and had a bumper crop.  We went out and bought some cheap half gallons of vodka and cut two habs in half and put them in the bottle, and closed the cap.  Talk about hot vodka that made a mean hot bloody mary! (don't dink it straight it will blister lips)

Jalepenos can be roasted then frozen and are good to put in recipies for almost a year.

We just put habs in zip lock bags, pushed most of the air out, sealed them and threw in the freezer, stayed good for a year easy.

sometimesred
by Bump Queen! on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Unfortunately, those give me terrible indigestion and I don't grow them, but I do know people have roasted and frozen them, and made salsas and the like with them.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting sometimesred:

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Ok, Thanks

Quoting sometimesred:

Unfortunately, those give me terrible indigestion and I don't grow them, but I do know people have roasted and frozen them, and made salsas and the like with them.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting sometimesred:

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't eat them right now with my stomach so you can't send me any extra! I don't like stuffed peppers, gross! But I like them cut up in chunks on shish kabobs with other stuff. Raw with hummus is good too. 

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Aww Tes, they would play havoc on your tummy issues for sure. I would avoid them Yes, I have many, many I think I'll just freeze them and see what comes out of it. I wonder about making stuffed peppers out of them 1st though we like those.

Thanks

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

I can't eat them right now with my stomach so you can't send me any extra! I don't like stuffed peppers, gross! But I like them cut up in chunks on shish kabobs with other stuff. Raw with hummus is good too. 

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

wenuck
by Moonshine on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww Cheryl I don't like peppers.
So I dunno Lol
Sorry
wenuck
by Moonshine on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol!!

Quoting secondcup5:

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Would love to hear you say this..........I was lurking and read somewhere you are having a few drinks...........lol

Quoting wenuck: Lol!!
Quoting secondcup5:

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Would love to hear yo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)