Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today, August 13th is...

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM
BL
  • 12 Replies
  • 310 Total Views
3 moms liked this

International Lefthanders Day - August 13 is designated International Lefthanders Day by Lefthanders International. It was first observed on the 13th of August, 1976. As the name suggests, it is meant to promote awareness of the inconveniences facing left-handers in a predominantly right-handed world. It celebrates their uniqueness and differences, who are from seven to ten percent of the world's population. Thousands of left-handed people in today's society have to adapt to use right handed tools and objects.

There’s also a more serious side to the day, which spreads awareness about the special needs of left-handed kids. Also, left-handers are far more likely to develop schizophrenia than right-handers, for reasons not well understood.

and....

National Filet Mignon Day - his holiday is celebrated by eating and serving filet mignon in it's honor.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

mmmm, filet mignon.... I'm hungry

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I am right handed. But could really go for a Filet Mignon....

BL2010
by BL on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Me too... It's so difficult to find good beef here.

Quoting ALolies:

I am right handed. But could really go for a Filet Mignon....

gonecrazi
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a lefty, I will have to tell him when he gets home from school.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
The guy I am seeing confided in me that he had conflict with several people in his life at one period of time and concluded it could be because they were all left handed. So he went to a therapist about it who told him that had nothing to do with it. Just thought that was a funny conclusion for him to draw but in spite of what he was told he still wanted to know which hand I use.
brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM

lol..thats funny...

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: The guy I am seeing confided in me that he had conflict with several people in his life at one period of time and concluded it could be because they were all left handed. So he went to a therapist about it who told him that had nothing to do with it. Just thought that was a funny conclusion for him to draw but in spite of what he was told he still wanted to know which hand I use.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is a lefty☺
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Awesome! =)
Momofmenagerie
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Gee! I once read a " demotuvator " poster that said. " the common denominator of all your failed relationships is you.

Nothing about " handed- ness" be careful with this one ;-)

Quoting brooklynchic151:

lol..thats funny...

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: The guy I am seeing confided in me that he had conflict with several people in his life at one period of time and concluded it could be because they were all left handed. So he went to a therapist about it who told him that had nothing to do with it. Just thought that was a funny conclusion for him to draw but in spite of what he was told he still wanted to know which hand I use.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Filet Mignon now I'm hungry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)