Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

is age really but a number?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:21 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 389 Total Views

how young is to young to date or even consider a relationship with a younger man. in other words what should be the age difference?

Queen C
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Moonshine on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello Welcome!
I'm not one to ask cause I feel it doesn't matter to me!! Again to me!!
If the couple are happy that's all that matters! Who am I to judge :)
tristansmom74
by Bronze sister on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM
To each their own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

well that depends on your age and where you are in our life. If I am 19 I'm not datring any guy less than 18. If I'm 25 then maybe no younger than 21. If I'm 30 umm 25/26 probably. Once I'm in my 40s  He must be at least 1/2 way between me and my kids age.  Hell I'd be flattered to be asked out by a younger guy. I adore young guys. Old guys scare me.  HAHAHA

teetee_mom
by New sister on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM

i feel the same way most older guys scare me too. 

Queen C
wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Hello & welcome! I think whatever your comfortable with.
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I always dated around my age. I told my girls 5 years is too much. They date around their age too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 14, 2014 at 5:00 AM
3 moms liked this

Although I don't think there is an acceptable age, I do think there are some general things to consider. Being married to a man 13 years older that me (which initially didn't seem like much) has certainly had it's drawbacks. I'm not saying its JUST age, but a great deal of factors like life style, health, interests, common goals and values all of which seem to change as you gain "maturity."

I would be curious on a study between older women and young men...VS older men and younger women. I would BET that the older women/younger men scenario's last longer because we women just don't lose ground like the men...lol.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, it all depends on the ages to me if you're 50 and wanting to date a 17 yr old yes too much age difference there but I think if it's over the age of consent normally 21 to me it's all fine in my book.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Welcome!

To me age is just a number. If both parties are happy then who am I to say anything?

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Darn...and I was in cougar mode too! LOL

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Well, it all depends on the ages to me if you're 50 and wanting to date a 17 yr old yes too much age difference there but I think if it's over the age of consent normally 21 to me it's all fine in my book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)