Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

EFF YOU! Snap-Do!! Quit Messin' With My Computer!!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:23 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 172 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Snap-Do is a scourge! Anyone else ever have their computer messed with by this virus? Even my malware and Microsoft Essentials are not taking it off.

Ads keep popping up. Certain words - even on CM - get highlighted in green. It's gotten into my website. DH worked on it for hours. He does everything right  to delete the program from my computer - but it defies deleting. 

Interestingly, I got an email from HULU about their new terms of service (and I have used HULU in the past). It seems right after I opened that email is when the whole thing started with the ads I couldn't get rid of. 

And I am ticked!! 

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't heard of that virus but my laptop got messed up by one a few years back. Horrible!
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not heard of that one but any virus is not good.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't heard of that one there are so many computer virus out there though.

brooklynchic151
by Staten Island Psycho on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

oh no that sux... stay away from hulu emails.......

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Oh - Brooklyn, if I had only known. It WAS Hulu! Have you heard about this?

When I went to look at my spam folder this morning (after I opened the Hulu email I spammed it) the Hulu message looked like it had not been opened, as though it was daring me to open it.

Even now as I type this, there is a narrow gray bar at the bottom of this page with type that keeps changing type, having to do with ads. And on the right are ads about dating. It even messes with my typing - really bad. And when I press "Add Reply," my message to you will have highlighted words in it, that are connected to ads. 

I am going to call HULU  - if I can. 

A box kept popping up yesterday that had a number for tech support. Of course this happened right after I opened the Hulu email. My DH called the number, and they said they needed permission to go into the computer to fix the problem. My DH said, "You tell ME how to fix the problem," and they hung up ASAP.

Why do these people think they have a right to do this?

Quoting brooklynchic151:

brooklynchic151
by Staten Island Psycho on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:08 AM

ive heard of hulu of course i even subscribed to it at one time,  but not not this new virus...  i would try to call them too...im sure many people got this email as well....

Quoting MentorMom1:

When I went to look at my spam folder this morning (after I opened the Hulu email I spammed it) the Hulu message looked like it had not been opened, as though it was daring me to open it.

Even now as I type this, there is a narrow gray bar at the bottom of this page with type that keeps changing type, having to do with ads. And on the right are ads about dating. It even messes with my typing - really bad. And when I press "Add Reply," my message to you will have highlighted words in it, that are connected to ads. 

A box kept popping up yesterday that had a number for tech support. Of course this happened right after I opened the Hulu email. My DH called the number, and they said they needed permission to go into the computer to fix the problem. My DH said, "You tell ME how to fix the problem," and they hung up ASAP.

Quoting brooklynchic151:

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Quoting brooklynchic151:

ive heard of hulu of course i even subscribed to it at one time,  but not not this new virus...  i would try to call them too...im sure many people got this email as well....

Quoting MentorMom1:

Quoting brooklynchic151:

Good thinking! For sure others got this, too. 

Any place I click on CafeMom opens an add. Even when I click on Add Reply! 

BL2010
by Just Me on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Haven't heard about that but good luck

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I got something called v9 on my puter. It took "over" every search engine etc. Could not get rid of it myself, took it to a computer doctor yesterday. On a "spare" puter ( read vewy vewy vewy slow) right now.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

ohhhhh......... is that what that is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)