Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What's the strangest thing.

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:32 PM
  • 51 Replies
  • 809 Total Views
1 mom liked this

That somebody has said to you that made you go huh? Or look at them like they have lost their mind? 

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:19 AM
I told someone about my husband passing away and she said to me, "Well he was a warm body."

Wtf? Did that mean I married him because he could fog a mirror? Extremely hurtful!
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:16 AM

I think I would have punched them!

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I told someone about my husband passing away and she said to me, "Well he was a warm body." Wtf? Did that mean I married him because he could fog a mirror? Extremely hurtful!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 22, 2014 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I had an adoptive daughter who was quite clearly of a different race. A receptionist asked if her father was African American! Well honey...you do the math!!!!

DanaG70
by Rock Chalk on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I would have been shocked, that was just too rude!

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I told someone about my husband passing away and she said to me, "Well he was a warm body." Wtf? Did that mean I married him because he could fog a mirror? Extremely hurtful!

DanaG70
by Rock Chalk on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be able to stop myself from saying, "duuuuuuuh!" lol

Quoting Maida265:

I had an adoptive daughter who was quite clearly of a different race. A receptionist asked if her father was African American! Well honey...you do the math!!!!

DanaG70
by Rock Chalk on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

When I got pregnant with my daughter, I had somebody at work ask me if I was pregnant again, my middle son and my daughter are 16 months apart, or if I was just getting fat. 

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, I would of kicked their ass. That is wrong in so many ways.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I told someone about my husband passing away and she said to me, "Well he was a warm body."

Wtf? Did that mean I married him because he could fog a mirror? Extremely hurtful!
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is mixed African American and puertorican, when she was born my sister out of all people said, thank God her hair is not kinky. Wtf is that supposed to mean? I cursed her out.
booscomputer
by Sister on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

It's a long story and I'm not easily stymied but this happened and it definitely made me go huh?

I went outside after winter and found a whole bunch of large piles of dog poop from a big dog under my bedroom window.  The neighbors have a big dog.  I saw my neighbor outside  cleaning his golf clubs (he's a teacher so this will scare you to death) and I went to him and said, "Your dog has been using the bathroom under my bedroom window."  His answer was, and this is what stymied me -- "Yeah, I try to get out there once a week to clean up, you know she's a puppy so it's hard to train her where to go, but it's been really wet so I haven't cleaned it up."

I was completey stymied -- this is a person who educates our children?  First, there are leash laws.  Second, you can just hook up a lead to your back porch and your dog will have to go in your lawn.  Third, holy shit -- "I'm sorry, it'll never happen again" is the answer.  

I gave him 24 hours then I used an old golf club of my own to return his dog's presents to his house.  

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Aug. 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
What a freak! Sorry honey (((hugs)))

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I told someone about my husband passing away and she said to me, "Well he was a warm body."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN