Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

vermin, how to catch them!

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 330 Total Views

As in, how do I. Sounds like a stupid question....I have tried every mousetrap that I could find, and they manage to eat the peanut butter every night without setting off the trap! Certainly, I am fattening them up by now! And yes, I put them against the wall, but they still munch and run leaving trap intact.

I have poison set out in the barns, etc, but not in the house. Dont suggest sticky traps, they creep me out when the mice start squeeling. Any other hints?

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elkmomma
by Sister on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Try the audio one you plug in.  It makes a noise only they can hear (not harmful to dogs / cats) and they keep out of the area; IE: house, apartment, shop, garage.  My sister swears by them.

DanaG70
by Rock Chalk on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Meow.... lol

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the audio ones that you plug in. Like 8 of them. And Dana...lol..my tomcat already takes the toll on the vermin population. Always bringing me "evidence"...he does not like the heads. I think it is one rogue mouse I am chasing that is VERY bold and runs past me while washing dishes. I might be dealing with mighty mouse here :-)

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:56 AM

well i did end up buying an electronic trap. that did end up working. but whoa. the thought of having to empty it creeps me out. and they must be emptied asap or else you end up having a very disgusting problem. i decided to let my mom and her kids deal with the issue. i am letting them borrow my electronic trap.

i heard spice drops candy is favored. but  yes i had the same problem with the bait disappearing. i have set multiple traps in that instance setting them up in a configuration so that hopefully the mouse will somehow get caught in one trap while trying to leave a different trap. maybe try putting the bait under instead of directly on top?

i dont know.

yeah i want my moms house to get a cat so much. but i just dont know who would take care of it.

im guessing you already googled for possible answers.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

it is Not a stupid question at all

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:10 AM

i got the victor trap at Lowes.

its pricey though.

and uses quite a few batteries. but it did work. just remember  to check it daily and empty it daily.

cjsix
by Sister on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Regular snap traps with chocolate on them.Set them facing the wall but,an inch or so away from it.

Now does anyone know how to keep them from coming in,in the first place? Fall is coming....

ravenseeyore
by Gee on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:28 AM
4 moms liked this

My Dad used to laugh at me I got pretty good at setting the traps, I would use cheese or braunsweiger.  But I couldn't bring myself to empty the trap that was up to someone else to do.  Or get a cat, but don't count on that working all the time.

Keeping them out can be a little time consuming but is pretty easy.  Check under your sinks or any other place where you have pipes coming into the house.  Check for any cracks between the walls and floor or foundation.  I don't care how small the gap is they can get in.  Every spot that you find fill it with steel wool.  This has always worked for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)