Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random thought on Ebola

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 137 Total Views
I understand the consequences of the Ebola Virus. I am not downplaying its existence or the severity of the disease. However I work in the medical field on the professional side and they drill the violations of HIPPA to us. I do feel there is another way to notify the public in a way that respects the patient and protects his/her identity.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Arwyn724
by Bronze sister on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  It bothers me that in our world of constant and immediate news, the identity of victims of this, or any other crises are not protected better.  The fact with this particular circumstance is that with their homes being decontaminated, and family members isolated, it is hard to keep that info from the publlic, especially when they are all standing around watching as it happens.  The media will broadcst it, which dissolves the privacy of the patients, so sad.

Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes its really sad. I have two individuals on my facebook that has several posts daily on the newsfeed about it. I just move on and don't read it. They are quoting non reputable sources with articles.

Quoting Arwyn724:

I agree.  It bothers me that in our world of constant and immediate news, the identity of victims of this, or any other crises are not protected better.  The fact with this particular circumstance is that with their homes being decontaminated, and family members isolated, it is hard to keep that info from the publlic, especially when they are all standing around watching as it happens.  The media will broadcst it, which dissolves the privacy of the patients, so sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)