Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you remember when...

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:41 AM
  • 33 Replies
  • 551 Total Views
1 mom liked this

You could CALL,   TIME ?????? :) 

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I sure do.

GMMC
by Giselle on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
As in phone for the time?
Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

YEP and I still do every now and then when our electric goes out.  I hate it though because you have to listen to an advertisement about the phone company specials going on with bundles and then I hear the weather and finally the time lol!

RustiM
by Bronze sister on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Yeah in Oregon here you could dial 3 numbers and get the time..

GMMC
by Giselle on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! I have not thought about that in years. I use to all the time.

Do you remember party lines? We had them growing up and yup we listened in to the local gossip!
RustiM
by Bronze sister on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG I  remember we found out our neighbors were swingers lol .. They had some interesting talks lol

Quoting GMMC: Wow! I have not thought about that in years. I use to all the time. Do you remember party lines? We had them growing up and yup we listened in to the local gossip!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes!
GMMC
by Giselle on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Oh we never got good gossip like that! But we always knew who got drunk the night before and made an ass of themselves!

Quoting RustiM:

OMG I  remember we found out our neighbors were swingers lol .. They had some interesting talks lol

Quoting GMMC: Wow! I have not thought about that in years. I use to all the time.

Do you remember party lines? We had them growing up and yup we listened in to the local gossip!

RustiM
by Bronze sister on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Lol the good old days huh??

Quoting GMMC: Oh we never got good gossip like that! But we always knew who got drunk the night before and made an ass of themselves!
Quoting RustiM:

Quoting GMMC: Wow! I have not thought about that in years. I use to all the time. Do you remember party lines? We had them growing up and yup we listened in to the local gossip!

GMMC
by Giselle on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I will have to tell my kids about phoning for the time. They won't get it!

We have one older rotary phone for when our power goes out for back up. And I remember having to teach my kids how to use it!

Now I feel old!

Quoting RustiM:

Lol the good old days huh??

Quoting GMMC: Oh we never got good gossip like that! But we always knew who got drunk the night before and made an ass of themselves!

Quoting RustiM:

Quoting GMMC: Wow! I have not thought about that in years. I use to all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)