• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the Jungle

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 299 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I decided to go get the fresh vegetables and everything else that I had left to buy for Thanksgiving dinner today. I get to the store just as the song Welcme to the Jungle came on the radio. It couldn't have been a more perfect song for the moment. I drove into the parking lot, and there was not a parking spot, legal or illegal, to be had. I saw my inlaws coming out of the store and figured I would take their parking spot. I asked how it was in there, and they told me don't bother going in there if I don't have a couple of hours . They said it was insanely crowded and some of the stuff was sold out. I decided to go to the same store chain in another town a few miles away. What a difference! Found a spot right away, no lines, and no waiting. I was in and out in under an hour.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like it was well worth the drive. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow! Crazy and Im guessing it will get worse in the Northeast with the snow and Thanksgiving.
lady-t3984
by Tina on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Sound like my daughter,who had to go to the market yesterday,after church! First thing,no parking space, I lefted my hanndicap tag in my van,I had to ride around playing tag with other drivers looking for parking spaces. Then, we go inside, every church person must had the same idea, I seen more high heels, big hats on little old ladies, all we needed was a organ,and some drums we could've had church in the veggies area. It was so crowded and hot in that market,and all my daughter could say,'Mommy,you want a soda'?
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:04 PM
3 moms liked this
You swore! We don't say that dirty four letter word.... Even if it is in the forecast for our area....

I'm tellin.....LOL 😁

Quoting wenuck: Wow! Crazy and Im guessing it will get worse in the Northeast with the snow and Thanksgiving.
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol Mary!! How I miss you!!
I know,I know but.......its coming blah!!!

Quoting maryg38: You swore! We don't say that dirty four letter word.... Even if it is in the forecast for our area....

I'm tellin.....LOL 😁

Quoting wenuck: Wow! Crazy and Im guessing it will get worse in the Northeast with the snow and Thanksgiving.
BL2010
by BL on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I hope you remember everything you're going to need!

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I think I got everything. I've got a couple of days to make sure. I've got everyone responsible for something so I don't have to get it all. LOL. Dinner for the family takes on a whole new meaning when it grows to 17 people. Good thing our siblings and their families aren't coming or we would have 24 for dinner.

Quoting BL2010:

I hope you remember everything you're going to need!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I went today to grocery shop and it was ok... We have to go on Wednesday to pick up our preordered dinner and that will be a nightmare I bet...lol

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it was extra busy because of Thanksgiving but also because we are supposed to have a snowstorm on Wednesday.

Quoting starlight1968:

I went today to grocery shop and it was ok... We have to go on Wednesday to pick up our preordered dinner and that will be a nightmare I bet...lol

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I need to go tomorrow, I hope the store isn't a mad house, I hate going on a good day!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)