Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a Bad@$$ B**** Are you?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 535 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I was told recently that I've changed a LOT.  I turned 45 this year. 

One friend told me that I'm much more 'aggressive and intimidating' than I used to be.

My DH agreed, but he said he wouldn't call me aggressive per se,  but that "You've hit your bullshit limit and that intimidates people."   

And then an older friend of mine (she's 53) said, "Oh... THAT phase. You're hitting it a lot sooner than I did.I called it the Badass Bitch Phase". 

Part of me agrees.  I seem to have lost some of my "eager to be empathetic" desire and teeter on "petty just pisses me off - don't piss me off".  

So, I went and got a makeover.  I figure if I have a new attitude I might as well have a new look to go with it. This might be the makeover talking - but it kind of feels "empowering". 

Did any of you other ladies gone through this "stage", "phase", "change" ?  

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM
4 moms liked this

I have gotten to the phase where I have less patience for pure stupidity. LOL

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I've never had a ton of patience for stupidity and bull$#!+ but as I've gotten older it's even less and I tend to say what I mean. I figure if you don't like it then it's probably time to move on. 

Valentina327
by Sister on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep!
I agree on the petty thing. The older we get, the more we see, the less patience we have for whiners.

My mother has alzheimers. Last year I moved back home to help my dad with her for the better part of the year. Seeing your parent in that state and having to take care of them like an infant is life changing.

So my petty threshold is very low now... When someone starts to whine or feel sorry for themselves, my standard retort is "change your mother's diapers THEN come talk to me". Puts stuff in perspective.
lady-t3984
by Tina on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh,goodness! I don't believe this post. Just yesterday,my oldest daughter, who will be 40 on Dec.6th told me,'Mommy, everything get on your nerves lately,what's the matter'! I told her, I don't have the patience for silliest,or people acting dumb for no reason! , I have always carried myself as a caring,and understanding person,and I hope I will always remain understanding to other people needs! But, here lately, my patience has gone out the window!
CurlersNHeels
by Sister on Dec. 5, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Yay!   Y'all get it!   As I wrote the OP I thought "Geez, these women are gonna tell me I need my hormone levels checked and an extra appointment with a therapist".     

I have to say that while I still think I'm me certainly, I'm beginning to feel like I really really know who I am.

Whatever propensity I ever had for being willing to be a mat (just hush up and let it pass) has gone completely out the window.  And if I percieve someone as being passive-aggressive with me I'm much more willing to advance on them like a warrior taking a hill. The pussy-footing around has definitely bit the dust it seems. 

And respect.  We were told our whole lives to respect ourselves and demand that others respect us as well - but I think we might be giving the wrong advice, because now that I've lived about half (I hope ) of my life, it occurs to me that you can *demand* respect all you want to, but until you *Command* it, there are plenty of people who will continue to disprespect you - no matter how well you try to handle them, yourself or the situation. 

TheOpinionLady
by Sister on Dec. 5, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I have no more patience. The kids are older and I'm fed up. Sadly, I still have an 11 year old so I have to temper that a bit. I have dropped some friends because I'm so sick of the whining and the poor me attitude. My life isn't perfect but I'm so sick of hearing people 'flail' themselves on facebook. 

It's to the point I have strayed from my democratic empathy toward some of the republican conservative ways. It's that bad.

I'm only 46.

Jerzymom
by Susanne on Dec. 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Since I hit 51, it seems I tolerate less and the things that didn't bother me, do now. Or maybe I just let them bother me.

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Dec. 5, 2014 at 9:32 AM

ohhh yes for sure...cant deal with drama queens especially the ones that bring it all on themselves.. screw that  too old for that,

i just turned 50 and deal with absolutly no bs anymore.. i really try hard not to hang with people that bring me down,have enough going on in my life right now, i try to surround myself with people that make me smile and feel good.....

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, been there done that. I have no patience for stupidness.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is called peri-menopause or menopause depending on age. I can totally relate to what you're saying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)