Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you honestly feel if

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 553 Total Views

you were an elderly lady who lived a lone and were given this for christmas. a christmas sack with an apple, orange, 3 kisses, candy cane, 2 cookies, 2 colored pictures a handmade ornament and a bracelet made with pipe cleaner and beads? It isn't muh but she enjoys getting storm stuff and gettng stuff from him.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:01 PM
4 moms liked this

It would make feel good knowing someone cared enough to that for me

lady-t3984
by Tina on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Merry Christmas! I would feel awesome,grateful,and thankful that someone remembered me enough to gather a gift together for me,and bring it to me! This is the true meaning of Christmas.
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I would feel good =)
LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

It would make me smile.

teensrmyworld
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM
3 moms liked this

My beautiful neighbor would come over every Christmas all dressed up in a men's suit coat with a large basket filled with fruit and "goodies" that she had found lying around her house.  We would get cat toys, string, old oranges and some stale chocolates.  She would come in and sit with us and we would give her some tea and we would chat.  She told me that it meant so much to her that we took care of her yard for her and made sure that she was OK (she had late stage cancer) and that it made her feel really great to be able to say thank you.  Her basket of treats was the best part of the season and we always looked forward to it.  She eventually became home bound and so on her last Christmas, I gathered up the neighborhood and we all sang carols to her as she sat with tears in her eyes listening to us warble out our silly songs.  She died 2 years ago, but her memory lives on in our remembrance of her kind offerings of thanks at Christmas time!  Your story just sounded a lot like what she would do for us and it made me smile

ashleighmama
by Ash on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love it!!

SpiritedWitch
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My MIL got things like that from Meals on Wheels. She loved getting little things like that. I think the elderly lady would love it and be happy that someone took the time to think about her and care. 

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM

that is sweet. we had pre warned her storm likes to do crafts. he made her a pumpkin for halloween. she had given storm 2 little wooden ornaments he could color (she got them at the dollar store) he loved them. so I went to buy more for him to do. I found the  plaster oraments he could color and paint instead.   he had a blast making them. cheesy  I know but he got all excited about taking them over. and his santa pic had to be cut out. lol her grand kids are older teens and above.  I don't know who enjoys it mor and storm made the cookies with help.

Quoting teensrmyworld:

My beautiful neighbor would come over every Christmas all dressed up in a men's suit coat with a large basket filled with fruit and "goodies" that she had found lying around her house.  We would get cat toys, string, old oranges and some stale chocolates.  She would come in and sit with us and we would give her some tea and we would chat.  She told me that it meant so much to her that we took care of her yard for her and made sure that she was OK (she had late stage cancer) and that it made her feel really great to be able to say thank you.  Her basket of treats was the best part of the season and we always looked forward to it.  She eventually became home bound and so on her last Christmas, I gathered up the neighborhood and we all sang carols to her as she sat with tears in her eyes listening to us warble out our silly songs.  She died 2 years ago, but her memory lives on in our remembrance of her kind offerings of thanks at Christmas time!  Your story just sounded a lot like what she would do for us and it made me smile

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM

loved

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:33 PM
:-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)