Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I absolutely despise

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 550 Total Views

having a small kitchen it is so fustrating on holidays.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ash on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I know the feeling

Tracys2
by Bronze sister on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:33 PM

I'm not home for any cooking holidays, but I'd bet! MIL has a big kitchen for people to hang out in (good) but little cooking space (bad). I can't imagine not having either! Hope you made it through

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to set dishes in floor so I could have room to wash them.

Quoting Tracys2:

I'm not home for any cooking holidays, but I'd bet! MIL has a big kitchen for people to hang out in (good) but little cooking space (bad). I can't imagine not having either! Hope you made it through

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs as I got that problem too. 

nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I so totally understand. I dont even call it a kitchen, more of a corner with a stove and fridge. But no counterspace! I end up moving things to the couch just to cook. UGH. When I win the lottery and build my house, the kitchen takes top priority.

Breeea
by Sister on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh how I can relate. We sold our home and live in a small apt. I thought it would be no big deal, but I have to shuffle things around to do anything in there and forget me and hubby being in there at the same time. It's a struggle to cook and do dishes even. 

lady-t3984
by Tina on Dec. 26, 2014 at 2:53 AM
I have a very small kitchen, but after 22 years of cooking in a small place,my food has become better,and better! It isn't the space that counts,it's what comes out the space! Good food with family,and friends. Merry Christmas!
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs! It does make it tough .
Manth
by Manth on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I agree.  My house has a 'Galley' kitchen.  Apparently they were All The Rage when the house was built in the 1970s but I find it much too small for comfort.  Sadly, the way the house is set up there's no way to widen it at all so I'm stuck with this tiny space with not nearly enough cupboards and barely any counter space.  I DIDN'T choose the house - DH bought it before we were engaged and didn't see the point of getting something with a bigger kitchen since he can barely boil an egg.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm right there with you. My kitchen is more like a hallway Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)