Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF ex still has wedding pics

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:47 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 768 Total Views

So I go into my boyfriends Ex-wife's house today and saw that she still has their wedding photos hanging on the wall I find that very upsetting they have been divorced for 5 or 6 years this just really bugs me. He says I have nothing to worry vbout and she only keeps them hanging for their daughter I don't know what to think.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:36 AM
2 moms liked this

It is probably not out of the ordinary if they have a child together. Is the ex remarried? If not, they will probably come down when she gets a serious relationship.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:52 AM
2 moms liked this
Hugs! Dont take it to hard but honestly it would bug me too.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it would bug me as well but she was his past and they do have a child together. Growing up we had a picture of my bio dad in our home (not their wedding picture). I hope if she gets in a serious relationship she will take them down.. Hugs

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Never been there but you can't control what she does. It's her house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
(((Hugs))) I can see why she would leave pictures of your ex hanging up for the kids. But wedding pictures seems a little strange. But you & your ex can't control what she hangs on the wall. So personally I'd let it go.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I know it would bug me too. Kind of pathetic.
coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents still have my brother's wedding picture hanging in the living room and the family pictures (including my XSIL) are still in the family room. His current girlfriend has seen them. They were married, she's the mother of his kids. Those two facts will never change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't think that's so strange at all, I think that not having those things would be like that life never happened.

Don't let it stress you out.

I think it would bug me more going into my bf's ex wife's house than anything she has a right to have whatever she wants up.

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I would think it is a little weird too, but I highly doubt she has the pics out to bug people on purpose. It's just her thing for some reason. 

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this

You were in her home?  So im guessing they have a good relationship still.  I think that is nice, and relfects well on both of them.  And honestly that IS her past, her life, and it was HER love.  You really have no right to deny her her past.  I think you need to come to terms with it because if you and your boyfriend decide to marry she will be a part of your life FOREVER.  

You need to stay focused on how he treats YOU.  If all is good there, then that is all that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)