Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reflection of 2014

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:26 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 516 Total Views

As we bring out the old 2014 happy new year and we start a new beginning with 2015 Happy New Year 2015I thought it would be nice to reflect back on the last 365 days. Take the time to reflect on the new additions, the losses and the blessing we all received in 2014. If you would like to share please do...

With a new year comes new changes. I was once told that a new year also means you can have a "do over." So if you can have 5 do overs what would they be?

If you decide to do any resolution keep it simple and realistic. Don't make it so hard out of reach that you know you will not complete it. For example: lose weight, its ok to say you will get healthy but realistically you will not lose 100 pounds in 6 months. But you can lose 20 pounds in 6 months.

Let's make 2015 a great year.....

Thank you all for being a GREAT part of 40ish and beyond~~Happy New Year 2015

Join us for coffee&support (_)3pink ribbon Check those Boobies

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Good morning Dana. For me I feel pretty good about 2014 as far as goals with my son. He's doing great now that he's on the right medication. I'm very proud that I was able to get full use of my left hand back. After a lot of therapy & patience I can do just about everything I did before. The one thing I need to get a handle on is my eating habits & exercise. So this year I'm going to change my eating habits & start walking again.
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Going to eat better for sure in 2015. The last couple of months I have been a piggy...

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

No do overs, all things I can learn from. No resolutions, I never keep them.

This year was unpredictable. I never knew what was going to go down LOL. We saw many blessings, like moving to a new place and a good school for my boys and new help for my oldest.

There were down times like the fire that smoked our apartment up, extremely difficult times with my oldest, and headaches.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:06 AM

2014 was a good year. My grandson was born. My oldest moved to NYC which has been a dream of his. My oldest son bought his 1st house. DH is working and earning more than previous years.  My health has been better then other years. Life will always have hiccups. Those hiccups make us stronger, more compassionate and teach us just how blessed we are.

I pray you all have a Healthy, prosperous 2015 !

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this

5 Do Overs for me would be

1) Better attitude

2) Get my A1C numbers in check 

3) keep loosing the weight I need to

4) take more me time

5) Get better organized & de clutter

I had kind of a crappy year I needed to reflect and change things that made it a bad year and I am working on that. I don't do Resolutions, I do goals to get me where I need to be.

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
text-decoration:underline;">Wow. 2014 had its ups and downs
For 2015 I hope to take better care of myself physically, which will hopefully make me feel better both mentally and physically..
And financially get better organized

Bring on this new year!!!!!!!!
nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Oh it was just one hell of as rotten year. ROTTEN. The last 3 years have been awful without a house. Hopefully this year I can start building one, a wall at a time. I need something to look forward too. And Ive decided to give my husband another chance after bring estranged for those 3 years. I realized I am no prize, either.

Delawhere
by Bronze sister on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I turned 40 this year and had some health issues (glacouma scare, hysterectomy) and am just not feeling healthy in general.  Some changes/ goals I plan to make this year are:

1. Monthly date night with my DH.

2. 52 lbs in 52 week challenge.

3. Walk 2 miles at least 3x a week.

4. Family trip to Niagra Falls.

5. Begin cross-stitching again.  

6. Keep a list of all the books I read in 2015.  

7. Get our house more organized & finish some of our unfinished house projects.

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

This year hasn't been the best for us, we were separated the first part of the year due to Mike's job, we moved, due to Mike's job, Mike was barely home due to... well his job, Keeley had to leave a school that she loved due to mike's job. We lost our furnace and had to scramble to find a way get a new one before the cold weather hit, I severely burned my hand because of same said furnace, and Thanksgiving was ruined because something happened at Mike's job, he stayed home while Keeley and I went to his sisters. And last but not least, Mike lost his job two weeks before Christmas! 

However there have been good times for 2014. Keeley got to go New York with choir, she had her Jr/Sr prom in May and we were reunited in May. We now own our own home and I have met some great friends. Keeley found a job, is getting her drivers license and reconnected with a great friend from when we lived here last. We are closer to family and have been able to meet up with them several times. Also, three days after losing his job, he got another one, as soon as people found out he was looking, his phone started ringing off the hook! We don't even have to move! 

I don't make new year's revelutions, I never keep them.

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Would you consider moving back since your dh doesn't have the same job. I know he got a new job, but do you feel the need to go back to where you were? What does he do? Either way, I wish you stability for 2015! And warmth!!

Quoting DanaG70:

This year hasn't been the best for us, we were separated the first part of the year due to Mike's job, we moved, due to Mike's job, Mike was barely home due to... well his job, Keeley had to leave a school that she loved due to mike's job. We lost our furnace and had to scramble to find a way get a new one before the cold weather hit, I severely burned my hand because of same said furnace, and Thanksgiving was ruined because something happened at Mike's job, he stayed home while Keeley and I went to his sisters. And last but not least, Mike lost his job two weeks before Christmas! 

However there have been good times for 2014. Keeley got to go New York with choir, she had her Jr/Sr prom in May and we were reunited in May. We now own our own home and I have met some great friends. Keeley found a job, is getting her drivers license and reconnected with a great friend from when we lived here last. We are closer to family and have been able to meet up with them several times. Also, three days after losing his job, he got another one, as soon as people found out he was looking, his phone started ringing off the hook! We don't even have to move! 

I don't make new year's revelutions, I never keep them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)