Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twelfth Night

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 318 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I'm a day late but yesterday was the Twelfth Night which marks the official start of Mardi Gras. "Fat Tuesday" is February 17, 2015! Parades, balls, King Cakes etc. Great time for those that celebrate it!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:52 AM

WOOHOO... Time to party... lol

Is anything special done on Twelfth Night?

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:52 AM

sounds like fun  my boyfriends sister lives in new orleans. my bfriend lived there as well .right in the french quarter...their both originally from brooklyn  though..what fun it is.. i was there in the 90's when i was single with no kids  lol... definitly a memory....

enjoy and have a blast!!!!!april fools

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Have fun!

Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM
http://www.experienceneworleans.com/beginning-of-carnival.html

The website says it starts today. Thibodaux doesn't do anything fun but N'Awlins does parades!

Quoting BL2010:

Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:02 AM
Honey I don't even take part Lol. Only in the food part that's it. I'm one hour away from New Orleans and Mardi Gras is done here but not on their level

Quoting brooklynchic151:

sounds like fun  my boyfriends sister lives in new orleans. my bfriend lived there as well .right in the french quarter...their both originally from brooklyn  though..what fun it is.. i was there in the 90's when i was single with no kids  lol... definitly a memory....

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Cool beans

Quoting Mznaye: http://www.experienceneworleans.com/beginning-of-carnival.html The website says it starts today. Thibodaux doesn't do anything fun but N'Awlins does parades!
Quoting BL2010:

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:05 AM

text-decoration:underline;">Lol. So true. It gets. Nuts..... I was there after mardigras in the month of March. And it was crazy.... Anything goes... Oh and I forgot to say. My boyfriends sis brought me a king  cake and my younger son almost bit the baby toy thingy. Lmao!!!!!

Quoting Mznaye: Honey I don't even take part Lol. Only in the food part that's it. I'm one hour away from New Orleans and Mardi Gras is done here but not on their level

Quoting brooklynchic151:

Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM
Our office got its first King Cake this morning. It had Bavarian Cream cheese filling. I ate around it

Quoting BL2010:

Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:08 AM
That must have been a long time ago. They no longer put the babies in the cakes. Too many people swallowed them

Quoting brooklynchic151: text-decoration:underline;">Lol. So true. It gets. Nuts..... I was there after mardigras in the month of March. And it was crazy.... Anything goes... Oh and I forgo to say. My boyfriends sis brought me a LNG cake and my younger son almost bit the baby toy thingy. Lmao!!!!!

Quoting Mznaye: Honey I don't even take part Lol. Only in the food part that's it. I'm one hour away from New Orleans and Mardi Gras is done here but not on their level

Quoting brooklynchic151:

Mznaye
by French Quarter Queen on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:10 AM
All I want is boiles crawfish!

Quoting SeanandNoahsmom:

Have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)