Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be mad if...

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:32 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 278 Total Views
Your sons class heater was broken and the only reason you know is because uour friends with the teacher and your child told you so ??? Are heater in are room was broken in oct or nov part was on order for over a month they didnt fix it eventully. well the teacher wrote me ysterday and said heata broken again your kid has snow pants on wasnt happy I emailed the school board president hoping he would have some pull and get it fixed because that worked last time. So today I asked about the heat she said they left the space heater on all night but still cold in class room sure enough I went in there it was 60-65 ... Hubby called school district parts on order no estimate on eta its going to be 8 degrees outside befoe wind chill tomm so means its going to be cold inside as well... If i wasnt friends with his teacher I wouldnt know all this no note was sent home they surely atent going to pay doc bills if the kids get sick... There 5 and 6 its the schools responsbilty to provide a propper learning enviorment
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:33 PM
Sorry for spell errors on phone
LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Yes, I'd be mad and be calling all people necessary to get it fixed.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes Id be upset! Its not like the kids are up and moving
ChellBell2013
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:43 PM
My hubby called the district and it takes a lot to make him mad
baconbits
by Bronze sister on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:45 PM

I'll probably be the odd ball here but no I wouldn't be upset. They are trying to get it fixed. Not their fault the parts aren't in yet. As far as being in the 60's I've let my kids play outside in short sleeve shirts in the 60's so I see no reason they can't spend part of the day in a room that's in the 60's with a sweat shirt on. 

VibeRant
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Couldn't they move the class to another room until it was fixed?

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:49 PM
text-decoration:underline;">I'd be upset. Their young and we know how little ones are with germs.
They get sick so quickly ..I wouldn't send him tomorrow if you could. 8 degrees is cold.
ChellBell2013
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:49 PM
My kid was wearing snow pants in the room and yesterday morning while they were waiting on the space Heater it was way colder then that .... they should inform the parents the kids should not have to be so cold there wearing outdoor clothes to learn
ChellBell2013
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Quoting VibeRant:

They moved for. Bit to art room but she didn't have all her supplys plus the kiddos were distracted by the diff learning environment and they needed the room back for art
VibeRant
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 3:53 PM

I'd be a little irked. 

Quoting ChellBell2013:
Quoting VibeRant:

They moved for. Bit to art room but she didn't have all her supplys plus the kiddos were distracted by the diff learning environment and they needed the room back for art

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)