• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Salad?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:39 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 673 Total Views

So I just answered BL2010's question post. One of the questions was what is one single food you could never give up, and ALolies said salad.

Sorry is there is a rule about cross posting user names,  please let me know if there is!

Ok, so here is my question. I seem to be the only person I have ever met that does not like salad. I WISH I did, but I just cant eat it. It makes it awkward for me if I am at someones house for dinner. I always feel such an outcast. But I dont like raw veggies, and I dont like dressing, either. Never have. What is it that you all like about salad? I know that is a very vague question, but ........I have alwayswondered why I am such a freak about it. Is it because my mom didn't make me eat it as a child? Am I the only one that hates it? It just seems to be such a universal food that everyone likes! My kids all like it, even when I dont serve it at home, so it must be something else.

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maime13
by Bronze sister on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:46 PM

I never had salad growing up either. I could start a whole nother post on broccoli. (My Mom had never tried it. Until I made her eat a piece...3 months ago!)

I like salad but only on my terms. I don't want a ton of stuff on it. I don't want carrots and I especially don't want cheese. My salad is literally spring mix/romaine/etc, tomatoes, chicken and then something crunchy. Lately DH has been cutting corn tortillas into strips and frying them for our salads. If not, I'll cruch up these gf chips things that I get at Costco. If was getting a salad from somewhere I'd ask for dressing on the side. I don't use much.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 1, 2015 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I love Salads always have,im sure you are not alone not liking salads =)
I always loved my raw veggies
Sunsetbeaches69
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 7:16 AM
You must have read the question wrong because it was a food you can never give up..and she said salad..
tvschiulaz
by Vicky on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:22 AM

LOVE SALAD - you can put whatever you like in it, and you can make your own home made dressings - ie: olive oil, lemon, oregano, (greek dressing..yum!).  There are different types of leaf vegetables to try, and some you can even try to cook if you dislike raw.  

Not sure what the draw about it is, but it can be a full meal at times!

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:24 AM

I love salad too..........but only the way I make them, don't think I've ever ordered a salad at a restaurant though!  I'm pretty sure you are not alone in your dislike for them!

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
text-decoration:underline;">I enjoy a nice salad. And there's no law against cross naming in a post as long as it's positive. Lol
coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:43 AM
I LOVE the Fuji Apple Chicken and Summer Strawberry salads at Panera Bread. I usually make a salad for my lunch during week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I love salad with ranch dressing.

Velvetfog
by Jen on Feb. 1, 2015 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I prefer most vegetables raw, more because of the difference in texture than flavor, so it makes sense that I like salad a lot. I'm slightly pickier about dressings though, I dislike thousand island and French.
PPCLC
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM

I actually love salads now more than ever before, but I add things to salads like dried cranberries, pieces of feta cheese, and pecans that my family doesn't like so I end up making a personal salad for me, and one for them. lol :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)