Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Old Is Too Old?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:58 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 425 Total Views

I am a music buff, and I admit to enjoying today's music as well as yesterday's music.  I recently saw Billy Idol in concert and can see how age has changed his stage presence.

So I ask you, how old is too old?  When should one throw in the towel and retire?  Your thoughts?

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catloveralways
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Depends    on  the  person.   I  retired  at 62.  But  had to  because of my  health.

But  some  still  work at 70.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess it depends on how ambitious you are.
ame4c
by Bronze sister on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:20 PM
I think that's a personal choice. I want to retire early because I've been working since I was 12. I have to buckle down though if I'm going to have enough money.
mrgetinold
by Nana on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no say it ain't so on the Billy Idol, that hurt my heart to read! I think if you mean a music group no longer touring? I think it's when they no longer sound the same! Like them 50th and 6th groups that are on PBS and most are not even in the original group! I hope when I go see rush's 4th tour they sound like I remembered!
calsmom62
by Silver sister on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:24 PM
we have active staff in their mid seventies at my company. They would be unhappy if they weren't coming to work each day . Others are done by 60 or 65. Dh always wants to retire early but I dont... even if I was dripping with wealth I would have to do something meaningful.

Quoting catloveralways:

Depends    on  the  person.   I  retired  at 62.  But  had to  because of my  health.

mamzie1
by Bronze sister on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:35 PM
When they want to. Even if they are creaky and can't sing a tune, if they want to rock they should rock!
nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Well, talking about a rock star, he could probably well afford to retire. But I still dont have an actual job!

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Feb. 5, 2015 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

If the crowds still go to his concerts than why would he retire?  That's a personal decision.........some have to stay working just to live!

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I have seen some bands that the members were in their 80's and I think as long as you got it go for it.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:03 AM

My step dad turned 70 yesterday he still works, I think like you said some are for health reasons.

Quoting catloveralways:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)