Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it matter?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:47 AM
  • 39 Replies
  • 598 Total Views
1 mom liked this
How chores are done around your house or are you just grateful when someone else helps out?

I ask because my bf folded clothes the other day and it was all wrong. Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! His dishwashing resulted in him cleaning with my bird cage cleaning brush. That was a FAIL and he empties cat boxes so that he throws the litter in some burn pile close to the house. Nice visual!

I just wonder if you're all more gracious than I am or if you like things done a particular way?

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:49 AM
I want to add that this is all kind of funny, yet it isn't. Know what I mean?
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:49 AM
2 moms liked this

LMAO... Well, I do like things a certain way. Hubby does help fold the laundry and I only let him do his own, which he actually does pretty good. He also washes the dishes and is very anal about it, so that's another good thing. He will help when I ask him and is good about it.

BL2010
by BL on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I do... Let him fold his own clothes. Why in the world did he wash the dishes with the brush from the bird cage... EWWWWWWWW

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I want to add that this is all kind of funny, yet it isn't. Know what I mean?

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:52 AM
2 moms liked this
sounds like maybe he needs a reassigbment of duties.
I don't know
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
He was the one who said it was a birdcage brush and then forgot. Now that brush is hidden deep under the sink
Thank heaven I caught him in the act or I'd never know.

Quoting BL2010:

I do... Let him fold his own clothes. Why in the world did he wash the dishes with the brush from the bird cage... EWWWWWWWW

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I want to add that this is all kind of funny, yet it isn't. Know what I mean?

GMMC
by Giselle on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I completely understand what you mean Chris...it is funny but not really! I think I used to be very particular on how things got done years ago but now with a house of 5 I am just happy when it does get done. Years ago I freaked on hubby about his rotten laundry tactics and so he stated he would never do it again.

I quickly caught on...so I no longer care how he does as long as he does it. But I prefer if he justs sticks to towels. This was I don't have to go to drawer after drawer looking for my clothes he puts away in everyone elses rooms!

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Omg Christine you must have my house bugged this morning Lol
Yesterday hubhy decided to clean the woodstove now we have the one that's inside I cleaned all my floors especially the one where the woodstove is at cause thats where the cat litter box is and her food so if I dont clean them floors she carries black soot all over the house ....anyway he had issues and all the soot dropped on my clean floors he usually has a little mess but nope it was a big mess!!! he decided to clean the floors I left him go even though he was pissy. I never looked last night I went down this morning OMG!! my floors were black!! He just drug the black soot everywhere!! It took me 3xs to clean over them. Im going to hit them again!! Talk about saying things under the breath lol!!!!!
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this
To answer your question if you couldnt tell lol! It does matter to me cause obviously hubby is not good in the cleaning,folding department ;)
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

WHAT.... Ok, this did make me laugh.. Sorry you had to start your day like this.

Quoting wenuck: Omg Christine you must have my house bugged this morning Lol Yesterday hubhy decided to clean the woodstove now we have the one that's inside I cleaned all my floors especially the one where the woodstove is at cause thats where the cat litter box is and her food so if I dont clean them floors she carries black soot all over the house ....anyway he had issues and all the soot dropped on my clean floors he usually has a little mess but nope it was a big mess!!! he decided to clean the floors I left him go even though he was pissy. I never looked last night I went down this morning OMG!! my floors were black!! He just drug the black soot everywhere!! It took me 3xs to clean over them. Im going to hit them again!! Talk about saying things under the breath lol!!!!!

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
text-decoration:underline;">My bF helps out a lot. He likes a clean and tidy home which is great because my ex was a slob and didn't do crap..that being said he does not so laundry. But he will do the dishes and the floors and stuff like that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)