Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vestiges of Childhood

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Sue
  • 55 Replies
  • 862 Total Views

Did you save any of your toys or trinkets from when you were a kid? I have a few. I kept my Little Kiddles Klubhouse and all the dolls, my Cheerful Tearful Doll  (sadly the plastic cradle grew brittle with age and broke), a "lucky" rabbit's foot (I can't believe we callously owned these keychains without thinking about where they came from!) and a Beatles collectors' coin that was given to me by a girl I made friends with at a Girl Scout gathering.

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I own a doll my dad brought to me from Mexico
brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM
text-decoration:underline;">I don't really have anything from my childhood.
wishbearmom
by Sue on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM

:(. Is there anything you wish you'd kept?

Quoting brooklynchic151: text-decoration:underline;">I don't really have anything from my childhood.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Oh my goodness! I loved my Cheerful Tearful doll!I have a few stuffed animals, some jewelry, a couple dolls, my record collection, a few clothes that my Mom made for me, my toe shoes and ballet recital programs, my school papers that my Mom saved for me, and of course my favorite nightgown. I think I probably shared the story of the nightgown before.

hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to think I am saving a time capsule of memories but to others its just junk lol   I have so many things I don't know where to start....I went through the Girl Scouts till I was a Cadette and saved all my patches and pins....I have saved all  my honor pins from High School and still have my precious Tiny Tears from childhood....When the kids look at them they  believe that this ole woman was once a child  lol

wishbearmom
by Sue on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Love it Wanda! You're still young in all the ways that count!!

Quoting hau_siyoka:

I'd like to think I am saving a time capsule of memories but to others its just junk lol   I have so many things I don't know where to start....I went through the Girl Scouts till I was a Cadette and saved all my patches and pins....I have saved all  my honor pins from High School and still have my precious Tiny Tears from childhood....When the kids look at them they  believe that this ole woman was once a child  lol

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a few. My favorite is my teddy bear. He's almost 44 years old.
cheerfulfriend
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:45 PM

NO

wishbearmom
by Sue on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:55 PM

:(. I wish I had been able to find my hs annuals when my ex and I divorced, but he was such a hoarder, and there were boxes and things stacked to the ceiling in our basement. I took things that were meaningful that I could find, but it was impossible to get through the mess he created to find everything. I guess I'll just have to rely on memory. I even need to purge my house of things that I haven't used since I've lived here.

Quoting cheerfulfriend:

NO

cheerfulfriend
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Hugs to you Everytime I moved I lost more and more. I moved four times in the last five years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)