Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holidays as your kids Grow....

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:39 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 426 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I don't about the rest of you but my oldest is nineteen and my youngest is nine. I will continue to celebrate the holidays with gifts/baskets until they get married and have kids of their own. Even then I will still do something sweet for them just not the typical stuff I do now or THEN.

But thinking about it, do you find it harder to put these baskets together for your adult children? My nineteen year old still lives at home so she isnt accepting appliances and such yet.... Eventually those will be things I will give her ya know, I can remember being on my own even when I had my hubby getting household items was a savior when we got them from the inlaws.

What exactly do you do if you have older kids (teens to adults)?

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My 23 year old daughter, if she is home from college, still gets a big basket of things she could use...and my younger ones get traditional baskets...

1squishysmom
by Laurie on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Our boys are 22 and 19. They still get big baskets of candy. Our 19yo was upset that their baskets weren't hidden this year! I'm not sure if that will ever stop. Maybe when they have children that I can spoil?

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I stopped doing Easter baskets once they were about Middle school or even before that.  Yes, I would have trouble putting one for my 21 and 23 year old dd's.  

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I stop with my older kids in middle school,but if I did keep doing it Id probably get them small stuff they could use
DD-hair stuff,nail polish,lotions
DS-razors,shaving cream,deodorant,small gas card
Yea it would be tough =)
K123434
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:26 PM

As a teen and young adult, I enjoyed getting candy, magazines, snack foods, nail polish, household items, baiscally anything I needed or wanted, but wouldn't buy for myself. Even things like an electric tire guage for my car or a new flashlight were very appreciated. And you don't out grow candy.

theResidentCat
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Why may I ask?

My mother did mainly because I think she simply did not know how to say I love you enough. So that was her way of actually saying it.

For me I do it because I want them to know I love them always but its nice to give them a gift now and then. They are still my kids no matter how old they get.

Quoting atlmom2:

I stopped doing Easter baskets once they were about Middle school or even before that.  Yes, I would have trouble putting one for my 21 and 23 year old dd's.  

theResidentCat
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Why did you stop?

Quoting wenuck: I stop with my older kids in middle school,but if I did keep doing it Id probably get them small stuff they could use DD-hair stuff,nail polish,lotions DS-razors,shaving cream,deodorant,small gas card Yea it would be tough =)

mrgetinold
by Nana on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:53 PM
My almost 20 year old dd I did a key chain, easter socks ( all she wears is mis matched socks), nail polish, files,gift cards for gas, Starbucks, stationary and cute pens,a diary!
This was the first year we didn't decorate eggs it was so tramatic for this mama!
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was 12 when I went through my horrible divorce and when Hubby moved in a year later we had 5 kids at the time we had Easter egg hunts but couldnt afford baskets. My son moved with his father around 6th grade. And we still had Easter egg hunts till they thought it wasn't cool anymore. So they still had their Candy and some Change but no baskets =)

Quoting theResidentCat:

Why did you stop?

Quoting wenuck: I stop with my older kids in middle school,but if I did keep doing it Id probably get them small stuff they could use
DD-hair stuff,nail polish,lotions
DS-razors,shaving cream,deodorant,small gas card
Yea it would be tough =)

coleysmama
by Sister on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a 24 yr old DD, 17 yr old DS and a 7 yr old DS.
I still get my 17 yr old a basket suited to his tastes. My 24 yr old is on her own and has a 2yr old Dd and a 3mo old Dd. I got my Dd a bag of her favorite chocolates, a little basket for my 2yr old granddaughter and a stuffed animal for the 3mo old. I'm also meeting them at the zoo tomorrow, on me.
My kids will always be my babies no matter how old they are.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)