Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you color your hair?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 402 Total Views

Poll

Question: do you color your hair?

Options:

nope, it's natural

yes, but I'm trying to stop

yes and I plan to keep doing it!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

I've colored my hair for years (it was blonde til college then has gone much darker, almost a light brown)......and I am now trying to stop coloring it. Do you color your hair? If you have stopped, any suggestions on how to make it look better as it grows out? I got it cut to just below the chin thinking it might seem to make this time go  faster.....

by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on May. 5, 2015 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
I dont do it often yet but I plan on keep coloring it =)
Manth
by Manth on May. 5, 2015 at 8:35 AM
I used to dye mine back to as close to the original auburn as I could but I got sick of doing it about 5 years ago and just let the grays loose.

Mind you, I have been thinking of going electric blue with purple streaks, just for fun. I'd use Manic Panic so it would fade out on its own with repeated washing. Still haven't found the courage to do it, but that's the way I'm leaning.
Brysonsmom2006
by Sister on May. 5, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Yes, I have no idea when I will stop lol

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 5, 2015 at 8:37 AM

I stopped highlighting my hair years ago...I did just get a blue streak on the 24th though...they did a couple of bleach streaksand in one spot put the blue...the blue will wash out in a couple of weeks. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on May. 5, 2015 at 8:40 AM
I color it once in a while(currently it's red with violet highlights).

I'll color it whenever I feel like it but it's not a necessity so there have been and will be times it's just natural.
lady-t3984
by Tina on May. 5, 2015 at 8:41 AM
I'm 55,and just starting to show some grey on my edges. My daughters wants to put a black rinse in my hair, I don't know about that!
baconbits
by Bronze sister on May. 5, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Every fall I color it. Working outside on the farm it bleaches out to an almost white blonde but come Fall the darker roots start coming in and it looks bad so I color it to match the darker roots. Got tired of people telling me how I was coloring it a light blonde for summer when it was actually just the opposite.

ame4c
by Bronze sister on May. 5, 2015 at 8:56 AM
I have mine colored and highlighted. It's the only thin I splurge on for myself.
mrgetinold
by Nana on May. 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM
I have dyed my hair since high school, been every color of them boxes, and hot pink in the mid 80s! Have always done it myself! I like the ones with the 2 step high lights! Not the new moose one! I have fine hair so it helps with the texture!
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on May. 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM

Yes. I love that one thing when I look in the mirror so I don't plan to stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)