Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Punch that stress in the jaw!

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 130 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Lots of things cause us stress and stress is not a friend...just a real meany who stands in the way of our getting the most joy out of life. When I was a young (er) mom and I worried too damned much, an older woman in my garden club told me to do these things every day: Cream your skin, face and neck, with the best moisturizer you can afford. When you are alone for even a short time, pick up a book and immerse yourself in someone else's world. And, grab your kids' coloring books and color your world happy.

I followed her advise and now as a writer of fiction and much more recently, a designer of coloring books for grownups, I have hit the target. Oh, and I cream my skin three times a day with the coconut oil that I also cook with for good health. Buy the oil that is the least messed with. Unprocessed I think it says on the jar. Hey you can even dip a spoon in just like you do with p-nut butter and go healthy. Love belonging, keep in touch. Cynthia 

by on May. 17, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on May. 17, 2015 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello Cynthia
Welcome to the group! Thanks for the tips,yes stress can be horrible even to the point you dont want to eat!
Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on May. 17, 2015 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi and welcome to the group! These are great tips. I miss my kids being little...I always was coloring right with them. Oh and reading a good book does help, now I just need to try the coconut oil you suggested.
Lb128f
by Linda on May. 17, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Hi Cynthia, Welcome to the group! Thanks for the advice!

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on May. 18, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Hi Cynthia! Welcome!

mrgetinold
by Nana on May. 18, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Welcome Sweetie! Thanks for the advice on stress! I had a moment of pure happiness at the thought of lining up my dh, his family that cause the majority of my Stress and punching them in the jaw! Relief! Lol
BL2010
by BL on May. 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Some great/wise words there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)