Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 733 Total Views

We got an invitation to my nieces wedding. It is addressed to me and my husband.  My husband wants nothing to do with my family due to all the crap they have put us through! I feel I should go because she is my niece. I was going to take my son with me. I do not want to go by myself.  My son is an adult,not a child,if that helps. I know there will be alot of drama! I was thinking about going to the church then to the reception after the dinner part is over! I cannot afford the expense for the cost of the plates. I was going to by them a little gift.

We are not even close to being back on our feet,financially.  What would you do,ladies?

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this
If it was me I would go to the church for the wedding if alone
And buy what I could afford.
Fayanne
by Fay on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:55 PM
3 moms liked this

how far from you is the wedding?

I would probably go to the church alone, give her a hug on the way out, and put a small gift in the mail

awbredux
by Allie on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Given the situation, I think this is the appropriate thing to do.   If your son wouldn't mind going with you, I think that would be fine, but also OK for you to go alone if he doesn't care to.   This way you show respect by being there for the wedding and you give them a gift you can afford.  

Quoting wenuck: If it was me I would go to the church for the wedding if alone And buy what I could afford.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

The church is like a 10 or 15 minute drive. The place for the reception is a little further.

Quoting Fayanne:

how far from you is the wedding?

I would probably go to the church alone, give her a hug on the way out, and put a small gift in the mail

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Would you like to go to the reception ? Will going stir up BS with other family members ?

dancer
by Sister -lp on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

yes,I would. yes,it would.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Would you like to go to the reception ? Will going stir up BS with other family members ?

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting dancer:

yes,I would. yes,it would.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

As much as I would want to be at her recption I wouldnt go. Its her day and I wouldnt want a shit show because other people couldnt handle me being there. Go to the church. Give her a huge hug and kiss and wish her well. Give a small gift if you can afford to.

Hugs hun Im sorry.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:28 PM
3 moms liked this
I would go to church alone then send a gift. With the track record of the family. You know their going to start something
catloveralways
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Is  this  another wedding?  Because you asked this same question a month ago. [Just curious]

dancer
by Sister -lp on Jun. 2, 2015 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

yes it  is.

Quoting catloveralways:

Is  this  another wedding?  Because you asked this same question a month ago. [Just curious]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)