Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be offended?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:03 PM
  • 29 Replies
  • 764 Total Views
1 mom liked this

If you were calling your friend, and left a voicemail 3 days straight without a return call, and on the 4th day she finally answers your call and saids "I didn't call back because I didn't feel like talking."  Would you be offended?  My daughter is all upset with her BFF,  I told her not let it offend her.  Maybe her friend shouldn't have said it like that....

by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I can understand the not wanting to talk part......but I would have sent a text saying why....

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the friend could've said it better, like maybe a quick text after the first message, but it's not something that would've offended me. People get busy, people get ticked or hurt and need space, etc and I'd have understood that.
But the smart-alicky tone would tick me off a bit cuz there's no call for it.
Lb128f
by Linda on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Her friend sounds like she is mad about something...otherwise she probably would have just picked up the phone and said she didn't feel like talking. But, I do think it was rude, they way she handled it. Maybe DD should ask if there is something she did to offend her friend.

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell/DanaG on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No I wouldn't. I know that people get busy, don't feel good, have company or whatever. Other people have stuff going on that could prevent them from answering or wanting to talk.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
No I wouldn't be offended, but I would probably wonder if I did something to upset my friend, but that's just my personality.
When my sister was a kid, her BFF used to just hang up on her without saying a word. She told my sister she was just tired of talking. She always did it too.
mamzie1
by Bronze sister on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My best friend clams up when she's upset. Total opposite from me. Took awhile for me to understand her being quiet had nothing to do with me.
LadyDiamond927
by Silver sister on Aug. 9, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Yes, and I told DD that not everyone handles things the same way when they're stressed or busy.  I don't think her BFF meant it in an offensive way.  I personally wouldn't say something like that, but that's just me.  

Quoting mamzie1: My best friend clams up when she's upset. Total opposite from me. Took awhile for me to understand her being quiet had nothing to do with me.

LadyDiamond927
by Silver sister on Aug. 9, 2015 at 12:13 AM

I agree.....I wouldn't say something like that to my friend, and I would've sent a quick text or something, and not let her keep calling me.  But sometimes people mishandle situations. Hopefully she took my advice :)

Quoting LadyAmaranth: I think the friend could've said it better, like maybe a quick text after the first message, but it's not something that would've offended me. People get busy, people get ticked or hurt and need space, etc and I'd have understood that. But the smart-alicky tone would tick me off a bit cuz there's no call for it.

tvschiulaz
by Vicky on Aug. 9, 2015 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I am sure if I were younger it would have offended me, but as I have gotten older, I realize that life happens.  I know I do not feel like talking, and I tell folks so.  I am sure once your daughter calms down she will understand.

bhow
by Silver sister on Aug. 9, 2015 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

The person saying it could have said she didn't feel well or what ever.  I most likely wouldn't mind, I've been there, ... done that!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)