Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vacation

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:28 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 505 Total Views
1 mom liked this
We have planned a mini vacation for fall break its about 2 hours away and we were going to do a fall corn maze go to the zoo and a clysdale farm. My kids are 18 and 12 my oldest is now out of high school so it might be the last vacation we take with him. My husband gave them the option to go or stay home. Neither of them want to go. We told the 12 year old she could take a friend and she said no she wanted to stay home. What would you do?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmmm "I" would tell my 12 year old would have to go. Take a friend or go alone. My 18 year old would have Rules and I would see if I had someone to check on them.
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Weekend trip?
JC2223
by Bronze sister on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM

12yo would have no choice but to go with us. The 18yo, I would have to stay at a trusted friends.

yellowminionmom
by Sister on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:09 AM
Its just thursday and friday night. My 18 year old is responsible and so is the 12 year old. They have never stayed by themselves over night before. Its not the staying home that really bothers me its the not wanting to go. We told them we were going camping and they were all for it but we changed our plans and now they dont want to go. I wish my husband would have said something to me about asking them if they wanted to go. I wouldn't have given them a choice. They r the type that never go do anything they stay home all the time.
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I raised my son in different times...........no choice..... you're going and we're gonna have fun.....sometimes it's that simple.

RaeMarie
by RaeMarie on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:44 AM

As long as my kids live under my roof there is no choice unless I want them to have it. Just dealt with that last night as a matter of fact. 14 yr dd didn't want to go somewhere but to bad, so sad, she didn't have a choice. 

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm, I wouldn't have given either of them an option. The 18 year old I can see staying home but with some strict rules. The 12 year old doesn't have a choice. That is to young to be alone for a weekend without you there. She can take a friend or not but she is going.

Hell, can I come with instead of them?

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Your DH never should have given them the option. How about asking them where they would like to go for 2 days and what they would like to do. Rethink the whole trip.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I like this suggestion

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Your DH never should have given them the option. How about asking them where they would like to go for 2 days and what they would like to do. Rethink the whole trip.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
12 year old would have to go or stay with other family or a very trusted friend! The 18 u r old would have rules and stuff to keep him to busy to find time mischief! If that works then make it a mini vacay for 2 ( you and your dh) and find some mischief! And report back here I could stand to here some couple had a good time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)