Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM
  • 36 Replies
  • 714 Total Views
1 mom liked this

When you eat out, how much do you tip? 20%, 18% or 15%?

I usually tip 20% but i rather not go out since right now money is extremely tight.

My sister, who has money, tips 15 or 18%. I dont want to get political here but she is allabout the business owner and not the employees. I just dont get. I've never been a server but that doesnt mean i dont understand their struggles. 

I keep seeing pics on fb about feel the bern when tipping $15 to the waiter one time and writing it down. I wish I could do that once to the coffee shop we love to go. I'm sure the single mom who is our server when we go, would appreciate it a lot!

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyDiamond927
by Silver sister on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on where I am, but for the most part I do tip 20%

LadyAmaranth
by Hillarie on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:03 PM
2 moms liked this
honestly I tip $3 or $5 generally on anything. Maybe $10 if service was beyond excellent.
It's not necessarily the proper way but it works for my wallet.
Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Normally 20%. Now if service is extremely poor I go a lower but still leave something. I also try to remember they just may be having a really bad day.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

20% is my standard as well as Dh's...we've decided that for Christmas on the way on to Florida, we are going to stop at a Waffle House and then leave a really large tip ( couple hundred dollars) just to brighten that person's day. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

flika
by Gold sister on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:17 PM

aww thats wonderful!!! i wish i could do the same.

Quoting mcginnisc:

20% is my standard as well as Dh's...we've decided that for Christmas on the way on to Florida, we are going to stop at a Waffle House and then leave a really large tip ( couple hundred dollars) just to brighten that person's day. 

AuntFib
by Aunt Fib on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I usually tip 20% or more. One year at Christmas, I tipped a waiter $20 on our $40 meal. It was very busy that night and our waiter was hopping to get everyone taken care of.  He was a good kid, and deserved it.

flika
by Gold sister on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Aww thats great!!

Quoting AuntFib:

I usually tip 20% or more. One year at Christmas, I tipped a waiter $20 on our $40 meal. It was very busy that night and our waiter was hopping to get everyone taken care of.  He was a good kid, and deserved it.

flika
by Gold sister on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:31 PM

What do you mean by depending where you are?

Quoting LadyDiamond927:

It depends on where I am, but for the most part I do tip 20%

flika
by Gold sister on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Totally understand that.

Quoting LadyAmaranth: honestly I tip $3 or $5 generally on anything. Maybe $10 if service was beyond excellent. It's not necessarily the proper way but it works for my wallet.

flika
by Gold sister on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:32 PM

Yes, I agree. I do the same.

Quoting Lori942: Normally 20%. Now if service is extremely poor I go a lower but still leave something. I also try to remember they just may be having a really bad day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)