Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hide The Dirt Or Not?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 169 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I watch a lot of home renovation shows. I love HGTV and channels like that. The past three shows I've seen with people doing renovations have got me quite puzzled. When it comes time to pick out countertops for the kitchen, the sales person always says that the white or light counters show the dirt, the dark ones show streaks and dirt, but if you get a neutral color with a pattern, then it hides the dirt. Every single person picked the dirt hiding pattern. One lady even said it will be awesome with her three boys because they are forever spilling stuff in the kitchen, and these counters will hide it.

I keep thinking to myself, wouldnt you want to see the spills and dirt on the countertop? What kind of a pig spills things on the counter and wants to hide it instead of cleaning it up right away? I mean wouldnt you want to know if you are about to put something down on some old spilled food or drink? Is it just me?

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to know but I have found light colored grout pretty difficult to keep looking new so I would be inclined to go with a neutral color
wildchild.com
by Janine on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol you crack me up with "what kind of pig..." I would think yes I'd want to see the dirt so I can clean it. But what about stains that are almost impossible to get out? I suppose it would be better to have something camouflage it, right?
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I hear ya
I have dark countertops and it so true you dont see the spills until its all hard and crusty lol
kaarina
by Boston Strong on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:44 PM
I didn't think of that. LOL! I have granite and it doesn't burn or stain.

Quoting wildchild.com: Lol you crack me up with "what kind of pig..." I would think yes I'd want to see the dirt so I can clean it. But what about stains that are almost impossible to get out? I suppose it would be better to have something camouflage it, right?
Lb128f
by Linda on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I would want to see and clean!

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
:-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)