Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Troublemaker

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:28 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 450 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Hey ladies. "Troublemaker'. Is Leah rimini's book about her life in Scientology. I bought it and it's really good so far. Was always curious about this religion, I happen to like her as well. And not because she's from Brooklyn. Lol😍😍

It's a good read so far. Just wanted to share!!
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:29 AM
Does she really tell the truth or is some of it made up to sell books?
I do like her although sometimes she's a bit much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doodlepuss
by Sheri on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:30 AM
I've been very curious about that whole thing. I read about it in People magazine. I'd like to read that book too.
coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:33 AM
I wondered too (haven't read it yet) but the Church has really said some nasty things about her instaed of taking the high road so that leads me to think there is a lot of truth in it. LR said some things about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise and Katie issued a public apology for having hurt Leah which again makes me thinks there is a lot of truth being told.

I'm certainly no expert on Scientology but the little pieces seem to be adding up so far.

Quoting LAXmom21: Does she really tell the truth or is some of it made up to sell books?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:34 AM
Honestly I couldn't tell ya. Not knowing anything about Scientology I couldn't say if she was full of it or telling the truth. With her personality. It dosent sound like she gives a crap and has nothing to loose by being honest. Know what I mean.

Quoting LAXmom21: Does she really tell the truth or is some of it made up to sell books?
LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM
I think there is truth to most of it just not all. I think some came out of the hurt she felt too.
I also think those that are over the top in their reactions (like Kirstie Ally) are protesting a bit too much, if you know what I mean.

Quoting coolmommy2x: I wondered too (haven't read it yet) but the Church has really said some nasty things about her instaed of taking the high road so that leads me to think there is a lot of truth in it. LR said some things about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise and Katie issued a public apology for having hurt Leah which again makes me thinks there is a lot of truth being told.

I'm certainly no expert on Scientology but the little pieces seem to be adding up so far.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:39 AM
Yep I know. Unfortunately I think she has a kind of bad rep in Hollywood and I hope people don't use that as a reason to discredit the book.

Quoting brooklynchic151: Honestly I couldn't tell ya. Not knowing anything about Scientology I couldn't say if she was full of it or telling the truth. With her personality. It dosent sound like she gives a crap and has nothing to loose by being honest. Know what I mean.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lb128f
by Linda on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, sounds good. I like her too!

MaineMammax2
by Melissa on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:20 AM
I'd be interested in this book. I watched "The Master" recently which is a movie loosely based on the founder of Scientology. It was very interesting.
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:29 AM

I would like to read that book too.....just watching her on talk shows their religion to me....seems a little like a 'rich' JW!........I have issue with the whole 'shunning' thing!

GMMC
by Giselle on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:04 AM

I am sure it is interesting, I heard her talk about it.

She is the no hold back type so it will make for an interesting read. Once you finish it you might want to check out the documentary called, "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief."

It is mind blowing to the say the least...that is one screwed up theory and those that follow it...

Unitl I wathced this I had no idea how John Travolta was so wrapped up in it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)