Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uggghhhh HOAs

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 441 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Last sept my dad gave my dd a used car. My oldest son went to the HOA office to ask for a decal to be able to enter the gate without having to go through the main gate. We live closer to the automatic gate. They told him its only 2 stickers per condo. Ok, so we were upset about that but theres nothing we could do. So moving on.

Over the weekend we get a letter saying my dd's car needs a sticker and this needed to be done within 10 days of getting the car. WTF!!!

I went this morning to the office to say i dont understand why the letter since we came to do this and we were told we cant. She said to ask a neighbor who doesnt have cars or only one to see if they dont mind adding my dd's car so I can get the sticker. I said i dont know my neighbors unless you'll give me a list of who they are, there's no way I'll do that bc I will have to go on knocking on every door until I find out.

Anyways, I said but about the letter, so the only solution was, she'll notify the gate so they know this car is a resident.

UGH the aggravation...

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GMMC
by Giselle on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Uggghhh...

Now I know I asked before what HOA was and you did tell me...it was like a housing complex thing right?

Anyway...sure does seem like a lot rules to follow!

What a mess of policies and rules!

flika
by Gold sister on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Home Owners Association.

For sure a lot of rules and absurd too. She asked me how many people in my unit. I said my adult son, my teen dd and my 5 year old that hopefully will get a car when we are out of here or my other kids are gone too. But it isnt fair. There's no logic on keeping the entrance sticker from her car. Is not like its free.

So awful. When I have to deal with this people, I want to move out sooo much! but Im finally getting use to this place and I'm a mile away from school. Its so convinient.

Quoting GMMC:

Uggghhh...

Now I know I asked before what HOA was and you did tell me...it was like a housing complex thing right?

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to have a house with a mandatory HOA.
Let me tell you now.
Find a way to get the decal
flika
by Gold sister on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM

This is my first time living in an HOA community. I always heard awful stories about them but never lived it until now. and OMG it sucks!!!

Quoting RoseWall: I used to have a house with a mandatory HOA. Let me tell you now. Find a way to get the decal

GMMC
by Giselle on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Oh right...that was it!

Well dang...sounds like you have to trade off the good and the bad!

Quoting flika:

Home Owners Association.

For sure a lot of rules and absurd too. She asked me how many people in my unit. I said my adult son, my teen dd and my 5 year old that hopefully will get a car when we are out of here or my other kids are gone too. But it isnt fair. There's no logic on keeping the entrance sticker from her car. Is not like its free.

So awful. When I have to deal with this people, I want to move out sooo much! but Im finally getting use to this place and I'm a mile away from school. Its so convinient.

Quoting GMMC:

Uggghhh...

eyes4ears
by Teresa on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:42 AM
I hate HOA's!!!
flika
by Gold sister on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

grrr, yes :(

Quoting GMMC:

Oh right...that was it!

Well dang...sounds like you have to trade off the good and the bad!

Quoting flika:

Home Owners Association.

Quoting GMMC:

Uggghhh...

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry to hear about the hassle. I don't see why they just can't issue her one since she is a resident. The world will keep on turning and no one will be hassled.
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
HOA was one of the main factors I relinquished my house.
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Respond to them in writing. Request the sticker. Let them deny you the decal in writing. Cover yourself in writing. Now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)