• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman kinda pissed me off

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 366 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I'm taking a walk down a steep paved hill just now and a little dog about the size of a poodle comes running up and barking at me so I just look at it and keep walking. The owner walks by and says something to the effect of nobody ever stops for little dogs, just walks by, like she was reprimanding me for not stopping. I had one ear piece in listening to music so I only heard snippets but that totally pissed me off.

For all she knows, I have dog allergies so I didn't stop to pet her dog, who cares? I just kept walking but it kinda ruined my "groove". Shake it off, shake it off.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze sister on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:43 PM
I have been nipped by and had more pantyhose ruined by small dogs than big dogs lol.. and going down steep hills I'm always watching out I don't slip on a twig or a piece of gravel and accidentally get to the bottom faster than intended...
brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:49 PM

yeah thats wierd.. why would you stop.. i dont  

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:38 PM
I wouldn't think most people would stop for a strange barking dog unless it was headed for the street.
Lori942
by UMM....... Lori :) on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:20 PM
That's weird she even said anything. When I walk at a park close by if I stopped to pet every dog I would never get my walk done lol!
hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Just cuz they are small don't make them special...I would have kept walking myself and happy the lil bugger didn't stop to nip at my heels

loretta1124
by New sister on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:29 PM

We have little dogs and sometimes they are more aggressive than the big Dogs.I know that I woulld not want to walk in the yard with my grandkids playing unless I knew them.There are 3 little dogs that will bite,so why should you stop to pet a strange dogStrange people

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:08 PM
She sounds very self absorbed.
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:12 PM
Sounds like she wanted you to stop and talk to her. She is probably lonely and hoping the dog would've an ice breaker. Anyway. Where I live its unlawful for dogs to be unleashed. What laws are there where you live? Where you were walking. Was she an elderly person? Even in the event the dog is friendly it should have been under control. I would not allow my dogs to approach people it did not know unless the passerby expressed permission first.
1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Don;t worry. She has an issue, it's not your issue. Don't let a stranger get to you. Secondly, if that dog was unleashed or on a retractable, that would be illegal in my county. That would be running loose. How do you know her dog is a good dog, she has no right to assume you are ok with it. So anyway, it's her problem, not yours.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Shes weird not you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)