Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:07 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 575 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Library! Not only do they have the usual books, but they have dvd's, including blue ray, and audio books. If my branch doesn't have it, I can order it online and watch my account for when it is ready to pick up. I can also renew online.

I went to an appliance repair workshop where they worked on grandparents 60 year old toaster for free.

Today's amazing find was their free subscription to Ancestry.com and I began a search on my family tree. I plan to make my family a gift of this information.

Last time I discovered a category called All Things Library and can check out a cotton candy maker, ice cream maker and old fashioned popcorn maker like you see at the movies. I want to reserve these this summer and have a party.

Do you go to yours and have you discovered anything that really surprised you?
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Mar. 14, 2016 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I love our Library too! I used to go a lot more than I do now but I can spend hours there!

I think it's so cool that at your Library you can check out classes, cool fun machines and get FREE access to online sites! Sweet!

Giving family the info you find on Ancestry is a cool gift and renting the machines for a Summer party sounds like lots of fun! 

I hope you continue to enjoy all the great things your Library has to offer!

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Love all libraries!
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I am follow several libraries posts on Pinterest.
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
The last time I checked out two books from the library I returned them unread.
The last time I went to the library was to have a person I know use the computer and internet. They needed to research info for some kind of application to get some kind of program for phone service.
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD and I want to get matching family tattoos that have to do with books and libraries. We are still looking for one that is just right for all of us in our family.
Manth
by Manth on Mar. 14, 2016 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to use my local library a lot.  I was there so often I had the librarians greet me by name as I walked in the door and they ALWAYS had books set aside for me to look through that they thought I would enjoy.

But as my sight has faded so has my ability to read anything other than a large-print book.  They do have some but rarely get in new ones and I had read everything in large print in their 5-branch collection that interested me.  I read on my Kindle instead.

My library does have DVDs but nothing I've seen there has interested me.  I don't have a Blu-Ray player so that's no help.  My library offers magazines but as with books I can't read them any longer so there's no point in it.  

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Mar. 14, 2016 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to go more when my boys were real little. Now. Not so much.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 14, 2016 at 8:31 AM
How cool that you want tattoos like that

Quoting RoseWall: My DD and I want to get matching family tattoos that have to do with books and libraries. We are still looking for one that is just right for all of us in our family.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 14, 2016 at 8:32 AM
I used to take my kids but never realized how much I could enjoy it too.

Quoting brooklynchic151: I used to go more when my boys were real little. Now. Not so much.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 14, 2016 at 8:35 AM
We also get audio books but most of the time Owen listens to them with head phones as he falls asleep. I couldn't see a thing without glasses and hope my site always allows for that.

Quoting Manth:

I used to use my local library a lot.  I was there so often I had the librarians greet me by name as I walked in the door and they ALWAYS had books set aside for me to look through that they thought I would enjoy.

But as my sight has faded so has my ability to read anything other than a large-print book.  They do have some but rarely get in new ones and I had read everything in large print in their 5-branch collection that interested me.  I read on my Kindle instead.

My library does have DVDs but nothing I've seen there has interested me.  I don't have a Blu-Ray player so that's no help.  My library offers magazines but as with books I can't read them any longer so there's no point in it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)