• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tired of being the maid Update

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:50 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 429 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Kids bathroom is trashed toothpaste every where. Dirty laundry  trail leads to their bedrooms. Their rooms are trashed too clothes all over the floor toys on the floor. Shelves and drawers are empty.

DH isn't much better he hid pile of clothes between wall and his dresser. Junk (tools mostly) under his side of the bed.

They all do same thing try something on don't like it toss it on the floor. 

I am telling all of them clean up your mess or no family trip tomorrow. Everyone  can go to school and work as normal.

The maid will be taking the day off alone.

Update:

The kids came home I told them I want their rooms and bathroom cleaned. They apologized and clean it up. DH apologized and gave kids $20 to put his tools away and put his laundry away.

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
So sorry and I've been there. I suggest you don't make a threat you don't intend to carry out. I would also go on that trip without those who don't comply. That will certainly grab their attention.
NannyShari
by Silver sister on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Plan!! Also may I suggest....have the children do their own laundry (made a difference in my home) and take all toys away, they have to earn them back. I know this sounds really mean but as a parent we have have to be mean at times.

Nanny Shari

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM

If it's like that it's because it was allowed to become like that. Together as a family do a complete clean up of the house. Sit down, assign duties to everyone. When it becomes a habit for everyone to do this, reward the family with a family trip.

1210maggie
by Sister on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM

I love to let them use the washer but DH broke it. We can't afford to get it fixed. It works if you do light loads. Other wise it won't spin ,it flashes over loaded. Sometimes DH is like having another kid. 

Quoting NannyShari:

Good Plan!! Also may I suggest....have the children do their own laundry (made a difference in my home) and take all toys away, they have to earn them back. I know this sounds really mean but as a parent we have have to be mean at times.

brooklynchic151
by Suzi Q on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:25 PM

good for you.. stand your ground!!!

NannyShari
by Silver sister on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:44 PM

I know DH's can be like that

Quoting 1210maggie:

I love to let them use the washer but DH broke it. We can't afford to get it fixed. It works if you do light loads. Other wise it won't spin ,it flashes over loaded. Sometimes DH is like having another kid. 

Quoting NannyShari:

Nanny Shari

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Put that foot down =)
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:05 PM

Wow, sorry they are like that. Just make sure you stick to what you said!

hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:12 PM

Good for you! They can clean their mess when they get home! Enjoy  your relaxing day 

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM
Good for you! Dont go back on anything you say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)