Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anniversary's coming up, 3 kids, no money

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 332 Total Views
1 mom liked this
so how do u celebrate.. i mean, i dont want a huge party, not until maybe our 20th or 25th.. this is our 17th wedding anniversary, and unfortunately our money is going towards back to school stuff.. i'd just want it to be an 'UNordinary' day.. you know.. its on a sunday this year?.. any suggestions?
by on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this
A nice dinner either you and hubby or the whole family
At home =)
wildchild.com
by Janine on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Put the kids to bed & light some candles with some mellow music & bottle of wine😉
Fayanne
by Fay on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

pack up a picnic lunch with a bottle of wine and head to a local park or beach

miss_michele7
by Sister on Aug. 4, 2016 at 8:47 AM
Do you have family or friends that can take the kids for a few hours or the evening? Then you can make a nice dinner, candlelight , movie , chocolate dipped strawberries and give each other massages at home. Or something along those lines.
If you need to plan something with the kids maybe a day out to a state park , pack a picnic , end the day with ice cream ?
1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh and I don't do anything. Maybe go out to dinner or just do pizza and a movie at home. 0's and 5's we maybe go see a band at a bar or go out for Thai. I would make it a bigger deal but dh doesn't, so I usually don't even say anything unless he does. Can you tell Im bitter! But we don't have money to spend so a movie at home is fine. We've gone on some nice hikes on birthdays and anniversarys though.

Lb128f
by Linda on Aug. 4, 2016 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you want the children to be a part of the celebration?

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 4, 2016 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Just slow down the day. spend the day hanging out together. Time with someone is a precious gift. Eat a simple breakfast together. Spend time together walking or doing a stretching workout. Eat a simple lunch together. Go for another walk. Watch a movie while you snuggle under a cozy blanket together. Eat a simple dinner together. Read some passages from a book to each other out loud. Maybe some unrushed personal time giving each other a massage. Before bed talk about the day.
I don't know I guests I am a dreamer.
I have no SO.
This is what I would do. There is only now.
Happy Anniversary.
Jinxed8
by Bronze sister on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:52 AM

get a friend to take your kids for a couple hours and do something like have a picnik in a parc or go for a walk,  go our for coffee, or even a drink at a local wine bar ... or dessert ... look for coupons for local restaurants. 

BL2010
by BL on Aug. 5, 2016 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

A nice family dinner. Then go out for a walk, play in the yard, whatever, just have some fun.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Aug. 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Same boat here! Ours is next month and between back to school and all. Ugh right, what were we thinking getting married around back to school time, we'll we had no kids then right! Lol
How about shoeing the kids off to bed and having a picnic just the 2 of you! Or a inexpensive scavenger hunt of years past memories and when done put them in a memory box!
Last yr we celebrated our 20th no big party as we were caring for his folks after surgery and work! I am hoping this yr both our anniversaries will be good!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)