Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish ...Let's Talk (9/07)

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:13 AM
  • 57 Replies
  • 759 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

What's everyone up to today?

I think we are due for some sunshine. It's really felt like fall here for a few days. Quite pleasant but I always hate to say goodbye to summer.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi Christine....40ish and Beyond's newest Head Administrator!!!!!!big smile mini

congratulations to you on your new "HA" title!!!!!!

Not much happening here today. You can have our sunshine (and heat)! Hope you have a great day!

Manth
by Manth on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:58 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been packing my bag for my trip to my brother's Celebration of Life - this time tomorrow I'll be in the air heading over.  Also cleaned out my handbag to make sure I wasn't carrying anything I shouldn't on the plane (got my manicure set out of there just in time!).

I finished my final draft of my eulogy for my brother and printed it out.  I also saved it to my tablet, just to be sure!  Charged up my Kindle and tablet and just charging up my power bank before packing the charger.  Got to make sure I can read and get in touch with folks while I'm away!  Fortunately, Kindle, tablet, phone and power bank all charge with the same device.  

I'm really REALLY nervous about delivering my eulogy for Lawrie.  I hope I can keep my voice from cracking (I couldn't when I test-read it to my girls) but I suspect everyone there will forgive me if I tear up when doing it.  

NannyShari
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:03 AM
2 moms liked this

good morningEveryone,  we are due for some pretty nasty storms today and tomorrow, change of season. No plans for this morning, this afternoon work and making sure to stay better hydrated.

Manth, you will be in my thoughts later today and tonight

Christine, Congratulations!

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Morning Christine.....hot and sticky here.....not pleasant at all.....yes, the evenings and morning had the fall feel to them the last couple of days but not today.....dead of summer here last nite....weird, weird, weather......and I always have a hard time letting go of summer.

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Hugs!!

Quoting Manth:

I've been packing my bag for my trip to my brother's Celebration of Life - this time tomorrow I'll be in the air heading over.  Also cleaned out my handbag to make sure I wasn't carrying anything I shouldn't on the plane (got my manicure set out of there just in time!).

I finished my final draft of my eulogy for my brother and printed it out.  I also saved it to my tablet, just to be sure!  Charged up my Kindle and tablet and just charging up my power bank before packing the charger.  Got to make sure I can read and get in touch with folks while I'm away!  Fortunately, Kindle, tablet, phone and power bank all charge with the same device.  

I'm really REALLY nervous about delivering my eulogy for Lawrie.  I hope I can keep my voice from cracking (I couldn't when I test-read it to my girls) but I suspect everyone there will forgive me if I tear up when doing it.  

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Good Morning Ladies!!
I dont have much planned today,I really need to get outside and start cutting stuff down for winter.
I will start laudry after I take Ciara to school
Have a great day
Manth
by Manth on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, Wendy.  Nervous but I'll do it, for him and for my living sister who really wants me to speak.

Quoting wenuck: Hugs!!
Quoting Manth:

Manth
by Manth on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:06 AM

Thanks, Shari.  I appreciate it.

Quoting NannyShari:

good morningEveryone,  we are due for some pretty nasty storms today and tomorrow, change of season. No plans for this morning, this afternoon work and making sure to stay better hydrated.

NannyShari
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:26 AM

hugs

Quoting Manth:

Thanks, Shari.  I appreciate it.

Quoting NannyShari:

momtoonein06
by Gale on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Work and bringing my son to the orthodontist today. It's gonna be a hot one.
Have a great day ladies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)