Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll -- Legalize Marijuana?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 499 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Legalize Marijuana?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:09 AM
4 moms liked this
Yes and finally get the federal government to make it a legal, taxable industry
Lb128f
by Linda on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Right, that would make sense! 4 more went through just a few days ago and an additional 4 for medical. Looks like slowly it's happening!

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: Yes and finally get the federal government to make it a legal, taxable industry

ColleenF30
by Sister on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this

North Carolina does not have limited medical. Can't even get it on the ballot here. They freak out. There is a bill that was supposed to be passed earlier this year, but it has been referred to the commissioner of health on April 28th, and nothing since.

I would like to see it legalized federally.

Lb128f
by Linda on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi ;-) and Welcome to the group! Glad to have you here! I'm Linda.

Thanks for sharing this information! I agree with you about it being legalized and if the Federal government would do so they'd shave millions off of what is being spent on the "Drug War."

I think the limited medical may be referring to Bill  766:

http://mantis.link/Ny6LKj1_ House Bill 766, the North Carolina Epilepsy Alternative Treatment Act http://www.thedailychronic.net/2015/45104/north-carolina-approves-changes-to-limited-medical-marijuana-law/

And, the Bill they "should" pass is Bill 983:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2015&BillID=H983

Hopefully they will quit pushing it around and let it go through. They did lessen the punishment for possession but it's still too much!

Quoting ColleenF30:

North Carolina does not have limited medical. Can't even get it on the ballot here. They freak out. There is a bill that was supposed to be passed earlier this year, but it has been referred to the commissioner of health on April 28th, and nothing since.

Maida265
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning and Welcome Colleen!

Quoting ColleenF30:

Maida265
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not a user myself, but have seen first hand the benefits of it. I don't know how much worse it can be than all the controlled drugs out there that get into the wrong hands.

Lb128f
by Linda on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, Vickey! 

Quoting Maida265:

I am not a user myself, but have seen first hand the benefits of it. I don't know how much worse it can be than all the controlled drugs out there that get into the wrong hands.

Manth
by Manth on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a user, and probably wouldn't be even if it were legal.  That said, there are enough people who DO use it in a sensible fashion that having it legal, safe, regulated and taxed would be a great idea.  It's a gateway drug mostly because the illegal pushers lace it with 'other stuff' to get you hooked.  Take that away and it becomes no more dangerous than tobacco or alcohol, both of which are safely used and regulated by a large segment of the population without a problem.

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this

It is legalized here Linda..........and I'm all for it, I've seen first hand the benifits of it......so many need to have some kind of solice because of the pain they are in.........but on the flip I've seen so many abuse it as well, I smoked it once when I was 17....I never got the whole hype, never smoked it again but I know pot heads that the only pain they're in is the pain they cause themselves.....but I still laugh when I see the stores with the plants on the side of their vechiles advertising it.....

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I don't really care.. I don't oppose it though. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)