• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you substitute at your kids school?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:56 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 164 Total Views
2 moms liked this
I do and I love it! I mostly sub at the high School(our kids school is all on one campus from pre-k to 12th but separate buildings) but today I'm at the junior high. I love subbing at the high school because I get to see our daughter and sometimes have her in some of my classes, and those kids crack me up. I'm known as the "cool sub"....lol
I don't do elementary but when I'm at the junior high I can pop over and see our son sometimes which is great!
It's pretty easy and decent money too.
Would y'all do this if you could?
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:21 AM
I don't know, it might be like trying to temp where your spouse works, but I'm glad it works out for your family.
momofthem311
by Bronze sister on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM
Lol, my husband and I worked at the same grocery for a while in different departments, but they were right next to each other and we saw each other and talked to each other all day. I loved it, so did he!
I know some people couldn't do that

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX: I don't know, it might be like trying to temp where your spouse works, but I'm glad it works out for your family.
Thelmama
by Sister on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM

Yes and I have once or twice.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:15 PM

That would be nice.  I have been a Sunday School teacher and have come to realize that I am only capable of teaching young children.  I am better at being an teacher's aide.

momofthem311
by Bronze sister on Nov. 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh I don't teach anything, I'm more of a glorified babysitter....lol

Quoting ninamsi:

That would be nice.  I have been a Sunday School teacher and have come to realize that I am only capable of teaching young children.  I am better at being an teacher's aide.

Lb128f
by Linda on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

That's great! I would! 

samscrazykids8
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 3:44 PM
No, I really don't like other people's kids.
Ladyfinger
by Sister on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:18 PM

YES! I think that would be cool.

teacher

lady-t3984
by Tina on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:23 PM
I worked at my 2 oldest daughters high school for about 4 years. They didn't have a problem with me being in their school. And,I loved it!
Maida265
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM

No...not sure I would have the patience for that...lol. I mean I work with multiply challenged adults and kids and they don't bother me at all, but not sure I could put up with kids who are deliberately mean/rude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)