Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go ahead and steal my packages off my porch..

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:25 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 460 Total Views
4 moms liked this

I was watching the news and this man was so upset that packages was disappearing off his porch and others. It seems like it was the same people and yet no one has caught them.

So, what he did was epic. He got one of his "packages" and he filled it with his 85 pound dogs poop..He set it out and watched as the car pulled up, a man jumped out and took his "gift."

I bet these two will get a sh*** surprise.....

**Tips for making it safe for your home delivery**

When you order on line make sure you know the day it will arrive and around the time. If possible have someone at your home. If you cant why not ask your neighbor if they could pop over when the package arrives and hold it for you.

Keep tracking it with the tracking number and see when it arrives at your door.

When you are at home, look outside often and see if you see any strange cars going slow and looking at doors for possible packages.

If you see a strange car get as much details as possible, a picture if you can. If nothing happens great you delete, if it does you have a picture and details to give to your local police.

This is the time of year that they look in cars as well.. So keep all personal items and gifts hidden and doors locked. It ONLY takes them five seconds to get in your car and take what they want.

Merry Christmas and lets be safe holding gifts

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manth
by Manth on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Good Advice, Dana.

Fortunately for us, we have an enclosed area behind a high fence. A package left on my doorstep is not visible from the street. But this time of year either I'm home or one of the girls is so we can readily accept packages. Most of the time if it's an option I ask that the package be signed for - then they don't leave it if no-one is home. It's a minor nuisance to have to go to the depot to claim it but worth it IMO.
valkay
by faithful sister on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:28 AM

They do that here all year long. They caught one lady that would follow the mail truck or sometimes ups within 2 minutes of them pulling away she would take the boxes off of the porch.  Sometimes there were people home she just got to the door faster than they did

Lb128f
by Linda on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! Thanks for the tips!!

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:56 AM

Or you could get a Wolfie... Not even the mailman dares come up my  front steps. LOL! I have no idea why, he's behind the door, but people are very afraid.

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Where we live they do not leaves any packages unless you are home...it has always been that way...

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Good tips and that guy deserved the package he stole. Lol
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:18 PM

They were talking about this on the news.  There was a package in the door when I opened it up this morning to go to work.  My husband parks in the back so I have no idea when it was delivered.

trsquare
by Bronze sister on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:20 PM

The police have been advocating the use of video cameras, and have even gotten arrests from that.

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM
I was in one of my favorite bead shops one day and their UPS delivery driver was talking to the store owners son, he said he's had people follow him around Omaha and stealing stuff he delivers. What a sad world.
almburr
by Sister on Nov. 28, 2016 at 3:40 PM
Our UPS guy just puts it in the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)