Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new here

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 397 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Good morning everyone,

I am newly rejoined to cafe mom and new to this group.   I am 40ih and BEYOND.  I will be 50 in a month.   That counts as beyond right?  and 49 counts as 40 ish right? 

So, I am 49, mom to a 12 year old.   I just work work work and mother my son.  My ex and I split up almost ten years ago which is something neither of us regret at all.   I see that I am in a bit of a rut.   I used to have a social life.  I really don't have one anymore.  I used to enjoy hobbies, mostly artistically related, enjoyed concerts, festivals, etc.   I just don't do much anymore.  I don't even know what I really enjoy these days.    I used to take dance classes until I broke my ankle, till I gained even more weight, I stopped that years ago.   I just read a lot, and do a lot to develop myself professionally and work on trying to be the best parent I can be to my son.   I am judging myself and the ruling is that I might need to cultivate more of a life.  I don't even know where to begin!!!! I can say on a positive note that I have taken off about 60 something pounds this past year.   So, I am a smaller version of a person with not muh of a life.    

I don't want to spend too much time on here, because lots of time on the computer won't help me build a life, but perhaps I will get some inspiration from other moms..   or at least a little entertainment.  

Have a great Sunday!!!

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to the group! Loved the introduction!!
Way to go on the lose of weight!!!
You came to the perfect group! Great women here!
You will find yourself popping in more often then you think. These women are great supporters,funny,positive!!!
By the way my name is Wendy. Im 45 and have 5 grown kids and a five year old to hubby. Im divorced with 2 kids of the five grown. And Hubby has 3 grown kids. We have been together 16 years married 6
Lb128f
by Linda on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi ;-) and Welcome to the group! Glad to have you with us! I'm Linda.

Great intro, thanks for sharing and CONGRATS on your weight loss! Now's the time to get back into doing the things you love! And, to maybe do a class in something that your son loves too! He's at that age that soon he won't want to do classes with Mom, better grab him while you can! ;-) Hope you enjoy the group!

flutterby727
by Sister on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi ,  Thank you so much for the note of welcome!!!!!!!!!  I like the idea of pursuing a class, perhaps something that my son would like too.   I will keep everyone posted once we are in some mother son pottery, sushi making, tap dancing, fantasy football group...o.k. joking there, but I will find something.   Stay warm! 
Hi ;-) and Welcome to the group! Glad to have you with us! I'm Linda.

Great intro, thanks for sharing and CONGRATS on your weight loss! Now's the time to get back into doing the things you love! And, to maybe do a class in something that your son loves too! He's at that age that soon he won't want to do classes with Mom, better grab him while you can! ;-) Hope you enjoy the group!

flutterby727
by Sister on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi there, thanks for such a welcoming note of introduction.   You must have you hands and heart full with such a large family. I hope you all are enjoying the start of this winter season.  Keep cozy!   

Quoting wenuck: Welcome to the group! Loved the introduction!! Way to go on the lose of weight!!! You came to the perfect group! Great women here! You will find yourself popping in more often then you think. These women are great supporters,funny,positive!!! By the way my name is Wendy. Im 45 and have 5 grown kids and a five year old to hubby. Im divorced with 2 kids of the five grown. And Hubby has 3 grown kids. We have been together 16 years married 6

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell/DanaG on Dec. 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I'm Dana and I live in Iowa with my husband and middle son. I have 4 kids two step kids and five grandchildren.
I make beaded jewelry and I taught myself how to do it. I hope you will find something you enjoy.
flutterby727
by Sister on Dec. 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting DanaG70: Welcome! I'm Dana and I live in Iowa with my husband and middle son. I have 4 kids two step kids and five grandchildren. I make beaded jewelry and I taught myself how to do it. I hope you will find something you enjoy.

Hi Dana, thanks for the welcome.  I used to love doing beadwork.   It can become slightly addictive.  I used to travel a lot when I was younger and my souveneir where ever I went was a few beads.  Go to London, get some beads, go to California, beads, Denmark, beads...   

Have a great Sunday!!!!

Cecily

.Holly.
by Texas Blondie on Dec. 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group, nice to have you here. My birthday is in a month also. What day next month? I look forward to your posts.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group

DanaG70
by Tinker Bell/DanaG on Dec. 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been beading for close to ten years, every time we move it takes two days just to pack up my craft room. 😊

Quoting flutterby727:

Quoting DanaG70: Welcome! I'm Dana and I live in Iowa with my husband and middle son. I have 4 kids two step kids and five grandchildren.
I make beaded jewelry and I taught myself how to do it. I hope you will find something you enjoy.

Hi Dana, thanks for the welcome.  I used to love doing beadwork.   It can become slightly addictive.  I used to travel a lot when I was younger and my souveneir where ever I went was a few beads.  Go to London, get some beads, go to California, beads, Denmark, beads...   

Have a great Sunday!!!!

Cecily

flutterby727
by Sister on Dec. 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting .Holly.: Welcome to the group, nice to have you here. My birthday is in a month also. What day next month? I look forward to your posts.

The 23rd.   This is a great birthday if you like to have ice storms and blizzards for birthdays.  We had a mega blizzard last year.   I really did enjoy it.   I bought some treats, bought a new pair of fuzzy p.j's and a small bottle of alchohol.  (I'm not a big drinker, so that was a special treat.)   I got to be off from work for a week.  That was my birthday gift from mother nature!!!!!   As a kid there were many snowball fights, iglooo making , ice skating b-days.  Have a snuggly Sunday!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)