Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honest question for Jewish moms

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:42 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 346 Total Views
2 moms liked this
I was adopted as a baby and three years ago I found out that my birth mother was Jewish. Now about 10 years or so i discovered I love lox. Anyway we were visiting Dhs father and his wife one time and the topic of food came up and I mentioned I love lox and potato pancakes (a favorite at Perkins) anyway she asked if I was Jewish. DH and I looked at each other and said kind of and told her the story.

Do you ladies like lox and potato pancakes? I know of at least one Jewish woman who can't stand either.
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NannyShari
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:54 PM
5 moms liked this

I love lox and potato pancakes and I am not Jewish. One of the most wonderful things I love about our world is that we are able to try many different cultural influences from around the world through food.

wamimsauthor
by Bronze sister on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:57 PM
They are so yummy do you like sour cream on your pancakes? I was first introduced to lox when my brother and his now wife were first dating. She's Ukrainian and her family had lox and cream cheese on rye bread as part of their Christmas Eve dinner. Yum!

Quoting NannyShari:

I love lox and potato pancakes and I am not Jewish. One of the most wonderful things I love about our world is that we are able to try many different cultural influences from around the world through food.

NannyShari
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:06 PM

Yes I like them with sour cream, and sometimes I add sliced green onion. I also like them with applesauce. 

When I first had lox was on a bagel with cream cheese, from there it was finding different ways to have lox lol. For an appetizer I do lox and different cheeses with Triscuits (especially now that Triscuits comes in different flavors).

Quoting wamimsauthor: They are so yummy do you like sour cream on your pancakes? I was first introduced to lox when my brother and his now wife were first dating. She's Ukrainian and her family had lox and cream cheese on rye bread as part of their Christmas Eve dinner. Yum!
Quoting NannyShari:

coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I am Jewish and I love latkes (potato pancakes). Not a lox fan, it's a texture thing for me but I do like lox mixed in cream cheese as the pieces are smaller so the texture doesn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wamimsauthor
by Bronze sister on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM
I'm not sure where you're from but there's a lox flavored cream cheese that comes in a tub that's good. I hope you didn't mind me asking. :)

Quoting coolmommy2x: I am Jewish and I love latkes (potato pancakes). Not a lox fan, it's a texture thing for me but I do like lox mixed in cream cheese as the pieces are smaller so the texture doesn't bother me.
wamimsauthor
by Bronze sister on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:10 PM
Sometimes I treat myself when I go to the store. I'm the only one here who likes it so I tend to look for sales. My mil likes salmon but not smoked. Go figure.

Quoting NannyShari:

Yes I like them with sour cream, and sometimes I add sliced green onion. I also like them with applesauce. 

When I first had lox was on a bagel with cream cheese, from there it was finding different ways to have lox lol. For an appetizer I do lox and different cheeses with Triscuits (especially now that Triscuits comes in different flavors).

Quoting wamimsauthor: They are so yummy do you like sour cream on your pancakes? I was first introduced to lox when my brother and his now wife were first dating. She's Ukrainian and her family had lox and cream cheese on rye bread as part of their Christmas Eve dinner. Yum!

Quoting NannyShari:

coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:14 PM
I live just outside of Ohiladelphia and I sometimes bug Philadelphia brand cream cheese with lox. I also homemade, my mom sometimes makes it and there is a great Jewish deli near my house and I love theirs.

Quoting wamimsauthor: I'm not sure where you're from but there's a lox flavored cream cheese that comes in a tub that's good. I hope you didn't mind me asking. :)

Quoting coolmommy2x: I am Jewish and I love latkes (potato pancakes). Not a lox fan, it's a texture thing for me but I do like lox mixed in cream cheese as the pieces are smaller so the texture doesn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wamimsauthor
by Bronze sister on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:16 PM
I live north of doylestown. I love Philadelphia cream cheese!
ysolde
by Sister on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:19 PM

I love lox.  Latkes I can take or leave.

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 13, 2016 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never had lox but I do like potato pancakes. I am not Jewish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)