Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids that think they have the 'world by the tail'

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:25 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 315 Total Views
3 moms liked this

I have not been on cm for quite some time. My now 18 yo dd moved out of our home 6 months ago, graduated high-school in Dec early and is going into the Marines end of January.She has had MUCH chaos with the roommates she has had (their apartment was searched by cops and one roommate flew the coop and left out of state before the cops got him but another roommate they found drug paraphernalia in his room and marijuana and he has already had his first court case, awaiting his next one, the other roommate had an alcohol problem and went into rehab but came out 2 weeks ago and is drinking again (but trying to control it) Hope it works... but doubtful. I could go on and on but sure hope the service wakes her up and makes her 'fly right'. Anyone else have a kid move out so soon and have such dilemmas?

by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Featured Replies
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM

My oldest son is now 26 but he was out of our house at 17.  It was because he wanted to to things his way and not ours.  My husband is not his father and I think he had a problem with listening to him.  He is dealing depression and some other mental health issues.  We can only do so much with our children without killing them or killing ourselves.  I hope your dd finds the service to be a good wake up call.

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son is now 26 but he was out of our house at 17.  It was because he wanted to to things his way and not ours.  My husband is not his father and I think he had a problem with listening to him.  He is dealing depression and some other mental health issues.  We can only do so much with our children without killing them or killing ourselves.  I hope your dd finds the service to be a good wake up call.

Maida265
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 12:58 PM

That's so sad. I have 3 older sons from a previous marriage. My oldest went into the service directly out of high school, but was a good kid. My other 2 left home early...on their own. My middle son did well, but he had to have nothing in order to realize he needed to work. My youngest more of a troubled kid, but I blame his father. His father liked to drink and therefore my son followed in his footsteps. Sad how some kids have to learn the hard way...but I guess we all had to learn on our own at our own pace.

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Jan. 13, 2017 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck to your daughter.
DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes they think being an adult is the best thing ever, until they actually have to do it.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jan. 13, 2017 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this
My kids have all had their issues, but fortunately time has given them experience and wisdom. Water tends to seek it's own level and I noticed that the better quality of friends they have, the better quality of life they live. Mine are all in their 20's so it's fun to watch the metamorphosis of them and their friends who have gone from hard partiers to home buying, college graduate parents with careers. Have faith!
redneck_kids
by Linda on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids won't leave😂.
Lb128f
by Linda on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Good Luck to your Daughter!! ;-)

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Jan. 13, 2017 at 9:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Hope all goes well for her.....yes they at times need to learn the hard way. Even if its hard on us! Hugs!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)