• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting to Know YOU!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:42 AM
  • 92 Replies
  • 825 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Image result for getting to know you

Let's find out what you like! ;-)

1. What is your favorite children's book?

2. What was the last movie you saw?

3. How many pillows do you sleep with?

4. Do you like to dance?

5. What is your favorite cereal?

by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Jan. 26, 2017 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

1. There are Rocks in My Socks

2. Overboard

3. 4

4. Yes

5. Chex (Corn)

lady-t3984
by Tina on Jan. 26, 2017 at 2:48 AM
Judy Bloom
Holiday Heart,Oops,Shrek 1,2,and 3
4 pillows ,1neck roll
Unable to dance,due to disabilities.
Frosted Flakes,Raisin Bran,Golden Graham
Manth
by Manth on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:29 AM

1. What is your favorite children's book? Once There Were Giants by Martin Waddell.  It tells the story of an unnamed little girl who is born into a house filled with 'giants' - her parents, uncle and big brother and sister.  Soon she grows up to be a little girl, a bigger girl, a teen, a wife and then a mother and realises that once again Giants live at her house and she is one of them.  I cried every time I read it to my little girls as they were growing up.

2. What was the last movie you saw? Star Wars Ep VII - The Force Awakens.  I watched it on DVD since I dislike theatres!

3. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2 feather pillows, one triangular pillow and one VERY large (18" at the back) foam wedge pillow.  I have to sleep semi-reclining because of sleep apnoea.

4. Do you like to dance? It depends.  I like belly dancing but I'm not much into ballroom, country or 'modern' dancing.

5. What is your favorite cereal? I don't tend to eat cereal - it's not good for my blood sugar.  Sometimes in winter I'll eat oatmeal. But not every day and I usually add a scoop of protein powder to it to boost the protein source and balance out the carbohydrate hit.

GloryDaze
by Bronze sister on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:04 AM
Favorite children's book - I used to read one to my girls when they were little. I can't remember the name of it but it was about a little boy trying to sleep but kept getting scared. With every page turn, his grandmother kept putting their farm animals in bed with him for company, and before shuting the door would say "Good night. Eyes shut tight." Now when the girls kiss me good night or text good night from their beds, I usually say or text back 'Good night. Eyes shut tight.' I have to try to find a copy for one day grandkids.

Last movie I saw - at the theatre, I honestly can't remember. I loathe theaters...stained seats, sticky floors, the tubs of popcorn that almost require a need to take out a second mortgage on your house before buying, and the deafening audio.

How many pillows I sleep with - just one under my head. During the day, when the bed is made though, there are 9 pillows. Yes...I'm that person! Lol

Do I like to dance - yes. Do I like people to see me dance - no! I usually dance in my kitchen while cooking or being silly. It's an intricate art form somewhere between entertaining my dogs...who just love everything I do without judgement, and trying not to be secretly videod and added to my daughters' snapchat stories. Really! I often open snapchats from my girls to see videos...of me. Apparently, they find me amusing. It's like having my very own reality show without the fame and fortune.

My favorite cereal - I don't often eat cereal but on a rare occasion, it's eithe Reeses Puffs or Applejacks.
lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:46 AM

Where the wild things are

Fences

6 hahaha

Yes, I could dance all day

Oatmeal or honey Nut Cheerios

Dzyre1115
by Sister on Jan. 26, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Love You Forever
Bullwhip Griffin
Too Many
I used to
Rice Krispies
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:00 AM

1. Harry Potter series

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ( my youngest watched a couple of days ago)

3. 1-2

4. Noooooooooooo....

5. None.. I loathe cereal. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:17 AM

1. What is your favorite children's book?Love you forever!

2. What was the last movie you saw?we watched the accountant last nite

3. How many pillows do you sleep with?2 feather pillows....

4. Do you like to dance?Love to dance

5. What is your favorite cereal?raisin bran but I have a real hard time with milk so hardly ever eat cereal

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:19 AM

And I was thinking Linda you should have this post with a twist...BL has these posts all the time.....you should ask her what she knows about all of us....haha

secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Jan. 26, 2017 at 8:21 AM

This book is my fav too....still tears me up after all these years!!

Quoting Dzyre1115: Love You Forever Bullwhip Griffin Too Many I used to Rice Krispies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)