Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a new addition in my Family!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:49 AM
  • 48 Replies
  • 966 Total Views
6 moms liked this
My lovely 3rd oldest daughter decided it was time for me to have another 'pet companion',she surprised me with a kitty! She got her from the SPCA, she is so cute! Her name is "Shea". Now the down side, "Shea" has 2 issues,she's on medications for her eyes,and she has problems latching on to people?? My daughter was told to leave her alone,and she will interact with me,when she's ready! It's been 2 days, I still haven't held her,or been able to show her some love. My son in-law give her the eye drops with no problems. Have anyone ever heard of a 'shy' cat? And how long did it take to bind with the kitty?
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Tinker Bell on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Give it a couple of weeks, yes it may take a while, the only contact she gets is to have medicine put in her eyes. It's probably a good thing your son-in-law is putting the meds in her eyes, that way she'll know she can sit with you and not be medicated.
Try offering treats and play with her so she knows your friendly.
Good luck! 😊
Lb128f
by Linda on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Congrats on your new baby!! ;-) IDK about Cats...but as long as you are the one feeding her, she will come around!

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Awwww Tina!!! How sweet!
momtoonein06
by Gale on Feb. 15, 2017 at 7:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Cats are timid. Just be consistent, giving food, water, treats. Get sone fun toys for her. Sit on the floor (if u can) with treat in hand call her over let her sniff around. She will come around. Do u know her background as to why she was in the shelter?
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Feb. 15, 2017 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Congratulations ❤❤
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Congrats! Years ago, I had sister cats. One was skittish, the other was as sweet as pie. Have fun with her!
mrgetinold
by Nana on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome home Shea to your Loving forever home!
Yep on the shy cat when we brought fritz home from the rescue place they said give him time. He had in my messy basement for a week! Left him food and water, blanket and litter box down there. What brought him up was we had to turn the furnace on and I think the air sound scared him!
Be patient and kitty love will come to you! Congrats on the new addition she sounds purrfect
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Awwww, congratulations and welcome Shea! Show us some pictures when you can.

Give her some time to get used to her new surroundings.

baconbits
by Bronze sister on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

When the drops are being put in her eyes hold her while sil is putting them in. Petting and talking to her the entire time. When you feed her put the food in her bowl and then sit there quitely so she gets used to you. Have one of the toys that are on a string for her to play with. As she plays with it slowly bring it closer to you. If she acts scared then don't bring it any closer until the next time. Lots of love and patience will be needed. Each one is different depending on why they're "shy". If there was abuse involved that could be a big part of her shyness.

Chelsealynnengl
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Kitty toys and treats

I also took a weird step and made sure when I ate to set her bowl across from home with some water and we ate together lol

Sadly that became a habit and whenever I ate or had water she needed the same 0.0 she bonded way to much lol if I showered she'd be in the shower If I ate she ate I had water she needed a CUP not bowl of water...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)