Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the Day (2/21)

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:05 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 399 Total Views
3 moms liked this

Image result for question of the day

How did you meet your Husband or Significant Other? If you aren't in a relationship now...you can tell us about anyone you've been with before.

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lb128f
by Linda on Feb. 21, 2017 at 12:06 AM
3 moms liked this

I met my ex at a Wedding (he was NOT the groom, lol)! We were seated at the same table at the reception.

lady-t3984
by Tina on Feb. 21, 2017 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I received a phone call on a Monday night from a stranger. I thought it was a crank call. After 10 minutes,he finally told me, "your Pastor and Deacon gave me your phone number". I told him to call me back in 15 minutes,I called my Deacon to ask him did he give this man my number, he said, "yes,Pastor said,it was about time you met someone real nice to love and take care of you". The rest is history! Only thing, my 'Beloved Husband' was born and raised in the Southern states,so his speaking voice was very hard to understand on the phone. From day one,until his death he did just what my Pastor and Deacon said he would do,which is,honor me,love me,and take care of me! Even in his death, he is still making sure my needs are being taking care of! I will always be thankful to my Pastor(now deceased),and Deacon.
lady-t3984
by Tina on Feb. 21, 2017 at 2:00 AM
So nice! Did you invite the wedding couple to your wedding?

Quoting Lb128f:

I met my ex at a Wedding (he was NOT the groom, lol)! We were seated at the same table at the reception.

D-Town
by Denize on Feb. 21, 2017 at 3:53 AM

His best friend was dating my best friend and they set us up. 

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this
We've met at work
Marie207
by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:54 AM

Oh yes, a real man from the country, is awsome.  They are taught different from the men up north. 

Quoting lady-t3984: I received a phone call on a Monday night from a stranger. I thought it was a crank call. After 10 minutes,he finally told me, "your Pastor and Deacon gave me your phone number". I told him to call me back in 15 minutes,I called my Deacon to ask him did he give this man my number, he said, "yes,Pastor said,it was about time you met someone real nice to love and take care of you". The rest is history! Only thing, my 'Beloved Husband' was born and raised in the Southern states,so his speaking voice was very hard to understand on the phone. From day one,until his death he did just what my Pastor and Deacon said he would do,which is,honor me,love me,and take care of me! Even in his death, he is still making sure my needs are being taking care of! I will always be thankful to my Pastor(now deceased),and Deacon.

honeebadger
by Sister on Feb. 21, 2017 at 5:57 AM

I met mine at a work function and we still both work there!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:09 AM

Celebrating my birthday my friend and I went to a club, he was in line in front of me and then sat at the table next to us..

Manth
by Manth on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:11 AM
Playing Dungeons and Dragons! Seriously, I'd just broken up with my ex-fiance and a friend, trying to cheer me up, starting telling me stories of what had happened in the last D&D session. It sounded like fun, so I asked if I could sit in on a session. Soon I was playing my own characters and having a blast. Ross was the Dungeon Master, essentially part referee, part story teller. Neither one of us was interested in a relationship at that point but we soon became friends which was good enough for us. We were friends for 6 years before becoming a couple thanks to a joke that grew out of proportion and we don't regret having taken our time over it. In December we will celebrate our Silver Anniversary.
goatmom4
by Bronze sister on Feb. 21, 2017 at 6:39 AM
Met at 18 ,church group married 30 years ,4 kids hard financial struggle now ok
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)