Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is Awkward Moments Day 

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:25 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 289 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Awkward moments happen all the time, and to some folks more than others! For anyone who’s ever wished the ground would open up and swallow them, Awkward Moments Day is a celebration of all awkward moments. From walking out of a public toilet with loo roll on a shoe, to realising you’ve been speaking to someone everyday for a year, and don’t know their name, life is full of these moments. Although there isn’t much information regarding the origins of Awkward Moments Day, many people have commented on how interesting it is that Awkward Moments Day is the day after St Patrick’s day! Awkward Moments Day can boast a mascot though, the awkward turtle.

So, if anything awkward happens on Awkward Moments Day, be sure to see the humour, of the situation, and have a good laugh about it, before moving on to the next one!

Stop in and share one of your awkward moments with us.

by on Mar. 18, 2017 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:18 AM
5 moms liked this
Thanks Nina
My akward moment was at our work bowling party and I walked out of bathroom with toilet paper stuck on my boot. I didnt know till one of coworker pointed it out. I was akward and embarrassed 😳
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Things like that always seem to happen when you are with a crowd.

Quoting wenuck: Thanks Nina My akward moment was at our work bowling party and I walked out of bathroom with toilet paper stuck on my boot. I didnt know till one of coworker pointed it out. I was akward and embarrassed 😳

Lb128f
by Linda on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:17 AM
3 moms liked this

Thanks for sharing!

Lb128f
by Linda on Mar. 18, 2017 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

OMGosh...glad someone told you!

Quoting wenuck: Thanks Nina My akward moment was at our work bowling party and I walked out of bathroom with toilet paper stuck on my boot. I didnt know till one of coworker pointed it out. I was akward and embarrassed 😳

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Mar. 18, 2017 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I think we all have had one of those moments...LOLOLOL

I just recently spoke to a friend who I have known for a year and we parted ways for a few months. We started talking and I couldnt place the name.. My confession; to this day I still cant place their name...lololol

wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Mar. 18, 2017 at 7:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh my gosh yes but I called them the wrong name......good lord AWKWARD LMAO!!

Quoting dana63:

I think we all have had one of those moments...LOLOLOL

I just recently spoke to a friend who I have known for a year and we parted ways for a few months. We started talking and I couldnt place the name.. My confession; to this day I still cant place their name...lololol

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Mar. 18, 2017 at 8:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Can't think of one at the moment. But seems to happen more often than not! Usually for me it is conversation related. Whether it is me or the other person, not being sure what to say.

nussknacker
by Sandra - Nutlady on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Awkward is putting it mildly...I was in high school, at the fair, in my show whites showing a sheep. Back then, you had to crouch behind your animal, now days you can show standing up. Anyway, auntie flo had started....I stood up right away and was eliminated and sent out of the show ring. That was so humiliating! And I do not mean being sent out of the show ring..I could not leave fast enough!

ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Mar. 18, 2017 at 10:44 PM

I had a similar experience.  I was in the choir stand at a church in Pittsburgh and Auntie Flo made her presence known.  Very embarrassing.

Quoting nussknacker:

Awkward is putting it mildly...I was in high school, at the fair, in my show whites showing a sheep. Back then, you had to crouch behind your animal, now days you can show standing up. Anyway, auntie flo had started....I stood up right away and was eliminated and sent out of the show ring. That was so humiliating! And I do not mean being sent out of the show ring..I could not leave fast enough!

DreamWeaver669
by Gold sister on Mar. 19, 2017 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

That awkward moment when you realize it wasn't a fart...ahahaha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)