Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish - It's Monday! Let's Talk (April 10th 2017)

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:12 AM
  • 45 Replies
  • 529 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Afraid so, my lovely ladies of 40ish! Here we are at the start of a new week, with Easter waiting at the end of it.  Are you prepared?  We don't make much fuss about Easter - we will have lunch with my sweet MIL who will have Lindt Gold Bunnies for everyone except me and Athena who get Macadamia Nuts.  Me because I'm diabetic so chocolate isn't a good choice of snack, Athena because she prefers nuts to chocolate.  

So grab a cup of your favourite Morning Tipple and come Chat with us.  We'd love to hear what you have in store this week!  

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wenuck
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Hello All
Its Monday,short week due to being off Good Friday =)
Had a nice weekend
Will be working today hope it goes smoothly back a packaging today with my horrid boss lol
Ladies have a good one
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Apr. 10, 2017 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Morning.....we are in for some nice weather now....I'm gonna start putting my outside stuff back out....may put my lites out today....I'm taking Kenny's sister for appointment in the city this morning......hopefully won't be gone the day....travel Monday...travel all week!..hope ya had a good day Manth!

Manth
by Manth on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Short week sounds good Wendy. Hopefully the troublesome boss will go annoy someone else! Have a great day!

Quoting wenuck: Hello All
Its Monday,short week due to being off Good Friday =)
Had a nice weekend
Will be working today hope it goes smoothly back a packaging today with my horrid boss lol
Ladies have a good one
Manth
by Manth on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi Carol. A quiet day today, just laundry and the usual chores for me. Have a great day!

Quoting secondcup5:

Morning.....we are in for some nice weather now....I'm gonna start putting my outside stuff back out....may put my lites out today....I'm taking Kenny's sister for appointment in the city this morning......hopefully won't be gone the day....travel Monday...travel all week!..hope ya had a good day Manth!

mammadonna
by Sister on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning♥ I am hosting Easter this year, so I have a lot of food shopping to do this week and I have to mail my grandson's Easter basket, he's 6 months old and he's a cutie pie♥

Spring has finally sprung here in western NY, it's going to reach 75* today....woohoo

Yesterday I began cleaning up my flower beds and I'll work on them this afternoon. I have 14 beds and a lot of winter debris to get rid of, I'll be ready for a nap later...lol

girlcitycountry
by Chris on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Morning:)

I'm trying to wake up but I think I would rather just stay in bed today. Maybe a brisk walk outside will help get me going for the day. Did most of my chores yesterday so today I have no idea what I am going to do. Maybe I will sit outside and read a book.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

mommaof697
by Bronze sister on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not ready. My MIL gives me stuff to make that I don't make so the things are not on my list. Then she tells me she has part of it. why? If you want me to make it let me buy the ingrdients and make it. if you want to buy the ingredients you make it. 

I am frustrated with my MIL Better go take of that.

This is a busy week and none of the business is from Easter until Saturday. we celebrate on Saturday.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Happy Monday (is that a oxymoron or what? Lol) and All!
Where did the weekend go? No short holiday week at my work! Good Friday is just good bc it's a Friday!
We are going to my sisters for Easter this year!
Today is my hubs nephew's bday, have no clue if it dawned on him and I'm not reminding him! I feel horrible for the bday boy he is 8 if he didn't get anything!
I'm on the ala cart line at lunch after passing and finally becoming permanent after 5 months of being a sub! No pay raise or anything for doing so! Nice right? No
Today my ds comes home from Florida! Yep, I will worry until he is back in my arms, again! His groupson adult just sat on a chair and let them ride the same 4 rides. Mine wanted to go see something else but the most the others didnt! He sent me pics of the adult sitting in her chair throughout the day! Wish he had had a better time.
We'll I need to get off my bum and get ready for work, I have 33 days until summer! Yaay!
Hope you all find beauty in your day!
Thanks Manth or if it's to late there, someone else for today's post chat! Hugs
FlyingMommy747
by Silver sister on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning,

Well back to the "normal" routine this week.  DD is back in school full time, yay!  She doesn't want to go back, the only thing she is excited about is to see her BFF who happens to be a boy, OYE she wants to give him a big hug.

Tonight is the first night of Passover and we will be having a sedar at our home.  We are having turkey, which should be delicious.  DH will put it on before I even get home.  This will be the first year that DD will do the 4 questions in Hebrew.  I got her a necklace as a present for all her hard work to learn it.

Our weekend was ok.  I took DD roller skating for the first time (I used to skate all the time when I was a kid) as she is going to a roller skating b-day party on the 22nd. She did ok, but did fall quite a bit.  The next day she was a little sore.  I really surprised myself that I could still skate.

Yesterday we went to McCormick & Schmicks for Sunday brunch is it was so terrible that we ended up with a free meal.  The only one who had something good was DD who had banana foster french toast. 

Have a great day!

Manth
by Manth on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds as if you have a full week ahead of you between Easter prep and gardening. Enjoy your day!

Quoting mammadonna:

Good morning♥ I am hosting Easter this year, so I have a lot of food shopping to do this week and I have to mail my grandson's Easter basket, he's 6 months old and he's a cutie pie♥

Spring has finally sprung here in western NY, it's going to reach 75* today....woohoo

Yesterday I began cleaning up my flower beds and I'll work on them this afternoon. I have 14 beds and a lot of winter debris to get rid of, I'll be ready for a nap later...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)