Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey 40ish - It's Monday! Let's Talk (April 24th 2017)

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:57 AM
  • 56 Replies
  • 639 Total Views
4 moms liked this

good morning To all the Lovely Ladies of 40ish!  Here we are at the start of a fresh new week!  How is everyone today?  Do you have anything planned for today, or perhaps later in the week?  

My girls will be busy tonight - tomorrow is ANZAC Day, the Aussie version of Veteran's Day.  So Ishtar will be busy with the local Scout Troop standing watch over the local Memorial tonight, then taking part in the local Dawn Service.  Athena will be traveling to the Dawn Service in the State Capital and taking part there and in the March that follows.  All of this is as a part of the Rover Crew, adult Scouting members aged 18 - 26.

Whatever you have planned, come chat with me!  Grab a cup of your favourite Morning Tipple, maybe something to snack on and talk about your plans.  I look forward to hearing all the news!  

coffee      muffin     apple     tea

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by Philly Mom/Nina on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Good Morning Manth & Ladies!

I use to be a girl scout leader.  I really enjoyed it.  I am going to have a mammogram on Thursday evening.  Other than that nothing special going on.  Have a great day/evening ladies.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Melody on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:19 AM
3 moms liked this

Nothing special. I have work and the kids have school. We are going to the vet tomorrow because Maya is due for her shots and I want the vet to look at a little bump on her leg. I'm hoping it's just a cyst or something minor but the paranoid part of my brain is afraid it's a tumor. She's an old dog so I worry about her every time she makes any strange noise or does something out of the ordinary. I will probably take Misty along as well because our vet hasn't met her yet. 

Manth
by Manth on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Good morning Nina!

Scouts in Australia is co-ed, with both male and female members at all levels from Joey Mob (5 - 7 years) to Rover Crews (18 - 26 years). My girls have been involved since they were 9 and 10 years old and love it.

Good luck with the mammogram. Not a fun test but definitely an important one.

Enjoy your Monday!

Quoting ninamsi:

Good Morning Manth & Ladies!

I use to be a girl scout leader.  I really enjoyed it.  I am going to have a mammogram on Thursday evening.  Other than that nothing special going on.  Have a great day/evening ladies.

Manth
by Manth on Apr. 24, 2017 at 6:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Work and school are important and worth doing well. Good luck with Maya at the vet. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your Monday!

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Nothing special. I have work and the kids have school. We are going to the vet tomorrow because Maya is due for her shots and I want the vet to look at a little bump on her leg. I'm hoping it's just a cyst or something minor but the paranoid part of my brain is afraid it's a tumor. She's an old dog so I worry about her every time she makes any strange noise or does something out of the ordinary. I will probably take Misty along as well because our vet hasn't met her yet. 

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice your kids are so involved in activities! Good morning, rainy and cold today and lately, I think that is why the bird eggs didn't survive as per my earlier post. Luckily I don't have to take Motley my cat to the vet (my work) this morning, he has been squinting his eye but seems all better. He is bad there so he usually needs sedation, I gave him a gabapentin this morning (acts as a sedative for cats) incase he went, so he is laying around all calm! Have a busy week with appts and stuff. Told dh to call the ENT for his apnea, it is making me insane during the night! Wearing some new hot pink sneakers today!

wenuck
I WILL MISS THIS SITE! THANK YOU CAFEMOM!!
Yesterday at 8:46 PM
by Wendy - Moonshine on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Hello Ladies
Im at work up at the Lab. Have over 1000 tubes and Lids to put away after I had washed them last Thursday
Then I will begin my prep for painting
This whole month and May I will be painting the lab unless needed down at the plant.
There is a duck in the bush as I walk in and out laying on her eggs so sweet. I have a pic hopefully you can pick her out she blends in well
Ladies have a great day!
cleokitty14
by Bronze sister on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Later this morning dh & I have some errands to run. We need to go to the jewelers & see about having my wedding rings resized; after losing nearly 90 lbs my rings are so loose I'm afraid they may slide off!  My engagement ring just keeps going around & around on my finger, as do all my rings that have any kind of stone in them.  At this time though, I'm only worried about resizing my wedding ring set.  Then we have to go to Walmart for several things.  Also need to go by the Courthouse & visit the tax office, we think they messed up on our real estate tax bill ... but then again we aren't sure; we gave our oldest son slightly over 5 acres at the end of 2016 so he & his wife could build a house & when we got our new RE tax bill last week, it just didn't seem quite right.  We're supposed to get a break b/c we are seniors & we didn't see that on there.  We shall see!!!  As for the rest of the week; nothing really planned ... just last minute 'getting ready for our cruise' stuff.

aakeiser
by Amy on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Rough weekend. This asthma sucks. Dh got hurt at work Friday night, could have a feactured finger. We spent the weekend chilling out. I dont have much planned for today. Maybe do a little laundry light loads. Dh goes back to work on light duty.
RaeMarie
by RaeMarie on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Tired here this morning. Still not feeling well but at least I am out of bed. I am thinking I have some sort of stomac bug. Oh well. At least my schedule is pretty clear this week. I will be picking dd16 up for lunch today to avoid drama. If I am not up to it dh will do it. I really hope the week off for spring helped things to die down at school for her. 

Manth
by Manth on Apr. 24, 2017 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi Kristy. Sad about the baby birds but that's nature for you - not all sweetness and light. I'm glad Motley's eye seems better! Enjoy your Monday and your pink sneakers!

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

Nice your kids are so involved in activities! Good morning, rainy and cold today and lately, I think that is why the bird eggs didn't survive as per my earlier post. Luckily I don't have to take Motley my cat to the vet (my work) this morning, he has been squinting his eye but seems all better. He is bad there so he usually needs sedation, I gave him a gabapentin this morning (acts as a sedative for cats) incase he went, so he is laying around all calm! Have a busy week with appts and stuff. Told dh to call the ENT for his apnea, it is making me insane during the night! Wearing some new hot pink sneakers today!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)