Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I BE FRUSTRATED???

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:21 AM
  • 26 Replies
  • 511 Total Views
3 moms liked this
My 21 year old son , who does not drive, has a job now. Actually this is is his 2nd job, the first one he was there for a few months and they said they were over staffed and they let him go. He has OCD, though this does not define who he is , I see it effecting me, LIKE, I drive him to work and pick him up, he works till 11pm , last night he texted and said he had to work later, dang I already had to get him that late.. I have to get up for work, get my daughter up for school.. I worry how his not driving and his OCD issues will effect him and his job while I try to get myself and daughter going too.. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't get so frustrated with him, he's doing the best he can .. I think this is a vent, I'm just thinking too much 😂
by on May. 16, 2017 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tsatske2
by Latricia on May. 16, 2017 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Can you ask him to Uber home? At least when he has to work later? Transportation is an expense of working, you pay for gas for you to go to work, Ubering one way would be reasonable. My Aspie son does not drive, he bikes to work.

NettePooh
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2017 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
He's talked about Uber, his regular hours are 3-11, I think he's gonna have to try that. How old is your son and where does he work?

Quoting tsatske2:

Can you ask him to Uber home? At least when he has to work later? Transportation is an expense of working, you pay for gas for you to go to work, Ubering one way would be reasonable. My Aspie son does not drive, he bikes to work.

tsatske2
by Latricia on May. 16, 2017 at 8:42 AM
3 moms liked this

My son will be 31 in August. He works at UPS, a 45-minute bike ride from his home. He is applying to go back to school to get his Ph.D. in Math. 

Quoting NettePooh: He's talked about Uber, his regular hours are 3-11, I think he's gonna have to try that. How old is your son and where does he work?
Quoting tsatske2:

NettePooh
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2017 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! That's great! Has he ever wanted to drive ?

Quoting tsatske2:

My son will be 31 in August. He works at UPS, a 45-minute bike ride from his home. He is applying to go back to school to get his Ph.D. in Math. 

Quoting NettePooh: He's talked about Uber, his regular hours are 3-11, I think he's gonna have to try that. How old is your son and where does he work?

Quoting tsatske2:

tsatske2
by Latricia on May. 16, 2017 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

No. His sister died 12 years ago in an MVA, and he's never wanted to drive. I kind of think those are related facts. 

Quoting NettePooh: Wow! That's great! Has he ever wanted to drive ?
Quoting tsatske2:

Quoting tsatske2:

Manth
by Manth on May. 16, 2017 at 8:53 AM
2 moms liked this

With him finishing so late, definitely look into a taxi, Uber or other service to get home.  It won't be cheap but safer than you becoming over-tired because you have to stay up late to go and get him.  Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

momofjb03
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2017 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Why doesn't he get his drivers licence..if the OCD doesn't define him???
NettePooh
by Bronze sister on May. 16, 2017 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow, so sorry to hear that 😔, I understand his feelings with driving ,, what does he do for UPS? What about if it's raining or bad weather ?

Quoting tsatske2:

No. His sister died 12 years ago in an MVA, and he's never wanted to drive. I kind of think those are related facts. 

Quoting NettePooh: Wow! That's great! Has he ever wanted to drive ?

Quoting tsatske2:

Quoting tsatske2:

wildchild.com
by Janine on May. 16, 2017 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I have ocd...which really helped me strive in the work force...everything had to be perfect Lol...it can be frustating though I think for any parent to have to stay up late & pick up their kids. Vent away!
BL2010
by BL on May. 16, 2017 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

{{{{{HUGS}}}} Is it possible for someone at work to drive him home if he paid them gas money?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)